Upgrade just my hardware? Please?

chipsterguy

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
What I am about to propose seems, at least on the surface, very un-apple-like. However, I would be delighted if I could walk into an apple store and "upgrade" the internals and/or the case on my apple watch. like a real jeweler might do with an expensive watch. what would make such a program very apple-like would be amazing customer service in their retail stores for such a service.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I recall there being discussion on podcasts like ATP about this idea--especially for the more expensive models, where people couldn't be expected to just buy a whole new watch every year--but I don't think it ever went beyond that. Seems like a great idea if they could figure out a way to make it an easy swap!

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
When the Watch first launched, maybe even before that, upgrading the internals was suggested or mentioned by several sources.

It's up to Apple to implement such a program, and they aren't keen on talking about projects. So there's really not much "to go anywhere". I have no doubt that Apple has considered that at some point. Whether or not they do it, will be a wait and see.

Even if Apple were to do this, it's a little early in the life span of the Watch to worry about retrofitting the internals. There's still a lot to be done with software. I don't see it happening, but anything is possible.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2