Glitch?

tifftam84

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
f1ac4371326e7d1a26307da5a6571ade_thumb.jpg

Hey everyone! I'm hoping someone has had an experience similar to mine and can offer some advice. The other day I picked up my watch to use it and I had the little curvy line image with a red lightening bolt. Cool, I figured my watch was super dead. I wasn't wearing it and wasn't sure if it should sit on the charger day after day so I had taken it off the charger.

I put it on the charger the red bolt turned green so I went to sleep. Fast forward to the next morning I had the same screen on my phone and when I lifted the watch from the charger the lightening bolt turned red again. I charged it all day still nothing. Finally 2 days later I used my coworkers charger and within 20 minutes I had my regular watch screen back. Now my charger is working perfectly fine. I still have my apple appointment scheduled for tomorrow just in case.

Has anyone had this issue? Was the batter just that dead that it took 3 days to charger? Does anyone know if it's safe to just leave the watch charging even if I'm not wearing it for a few days or a week or two?? I'm not sure if I need to go in the Apple Store and try and get a new charger or new watch or what the issue is. I just brought the watch in April. Any thoughts would be appreciated!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've never experienced anything like that with my Watch, and I've had it and have charged it every day for over a year. Having said that, since you stated that a co-worker's charger had your Watch operational within 20 minutes, I'd conclude that your charging cable/block or wall socket is malfunctioning.

StayClassy101

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I recommend you still go to your appt with the watch and your charger. See of Apple can run a check/diagnostic on the watch, if possible just to be sure.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Never seen that before... But I would agree it's more likely the charger? , and not the Watch that has the issue

tifftam84

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I missed my appointment because I had to work late but I'll definitely take a trip to the Apple Store and have them do some diagnostics! By the way my watch is still going strong and my charger is still working. smh

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR