WatchOS 3 beta 6 is out

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Here's hoping you devs will share/show off/enlighten us with its secrets!

There are also betas for:

macOS Sierra beta 4 (16A270f)
iOS 10 beta 4 (14A5322e)
tvOS 10 beta 4 (14T5308d)
Xcode 8 beta 4 (8S188o)

Bring on the public beta for iOS10!

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
re: WatchOS 3 beta 5 is out

Please share what you can when you can to us in the cheap seats!

At this point b4 might be more bug fixes and similar tweaks than new features, but I'm interested all the same.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

So far it's seems very stable. Tomorrow will be the real test on battery so I can test on a full charge.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I've yet to experience a glitch or hiccup with this particular beta thus far. Excellent beta version, in my opinion.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Battery for me is finally back to being excellent. It's back to the same battery I was getting with 2.2.1.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site

Something I'd like to see in wOS 3- the Calendar complication showing nothing if there are NO MORE EVENTS. If there's nothing to see here, I don't need the Watch telling me there's nothing to see here.

And I want to be able to change the color of the hands, h/m/s, in any Watch face, independently of any other indices, if desired.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: WatchOS 3 beta 5 is out

Beta 5 Out. Thread title updated.

LOL Thanks for posting that. I first looked at it and was all What the WHAT?? I don't remember doing b5!

Ok- b5, baby!

Looking to see what's new, so far I've only found the new AirPlay icon in Control Center.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So far I've noticed my battery draining faster and I still have issues with third party apps updating on the watch face.

I updated about 5 hours ago and my watch battery has only used 5%. That's on par with what I've always gotten - excellent battery life. Hopefully, it'll continue. Now in regard to 3rd-party apps not updating properly on the watch face, the only 3rd-party app I have on my watch face is the weather app, Dark Sky, and it is one degree off from the temp I receive when I initiate the app on the Watch or my iPhone. For example, looking at the watch face, it shows a temperature of 84?, however, when I tap on the temp on the watch face to initiate the Dark Sky app, the temp from within the app is displayed as 83?. I'm not sure if that's an watch issue or whether or not the Dark Sky app needs updating. It's probably the latter.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I updated about 5 hours ago and my watch battery has only used 5%. That's on par with what I've always gotten - excellent battery life. Hopefully, it'll continue. Now in regard to 3rd-party apps not updating properly on the watch face, the only 3rd-party app I have on my watch face is the weather app, Dark Sky, and it is one degree off from the temp I receive when I initiate the app on the Watch or my iPhone. For example, looking at the watch face, it shows a temperature of 84?, however, when I tap on the temp on the watch face to initiate the Dark Sky app, the temp from within the app is displayed as 83?. I'm not sure if that's an watch issue or whether or not the Dark Sky app needs updating. It's probably the latter.

I updated my watch 8 hours ago and have lost about 45% battery in that time. I usually only get to about 50% after being off the charger for 12-13 hours.

Even with Dark Sky, it wouldn't update throughout the day, it wouldn't change locations. I have to reset my watch to get it to update. This beta seems to be doing a little better on that front right now though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73