Apple Watch help

Mannie Ku

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Okay so I just purchased the Apple Watch and I am unable to send SMS messages without the " iMessage " toggle being off. So when it's off , the Apple Watch is able to send messages with no problems but my iMessages are green of course. Anyone can help me? Apple customer service wants me to do a whole restore which I did and still nothing

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Okay so I just purchased the Apple Watch and I am unable to send SMS messages without the " iMessage " toggle being off. So when it's off , the Apple Watch is able to send messages with no problems but my iMessages are green of course. Anyone can help me? Apple customer service wants me to do a whole restore which I did and still nothing

If you disable iMessage, ALL of your text messages will be sent and received as SMS. With iMessage enabled, any text messages to and from non-Apple devices will be sent and received as SMS whereas all messages sent & received from Apple devices will be sent & received as iMessages (as long as the recipient(s) have iMessage enabled). If that is how it's set on your iPhone then that is how it will be on your Watch, unless you chose a custom setting. If I've misunderstood your post, I'm sorry.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
If you disable iMessage, ALL of your text messages will be sent and received as SMS. With iMessage enabled, any text messages to and from non-Apple devices will be sent and received as SMS whereas all messages sent & received from Apple devices will be sent & received as iMessages (as long as the recipient(s) have iMessage enabled). If that is how it's set on your iPhone then that is how it will be on your Watch, unless you chose a custom setting. If I've misunderstood your post, I'm sorry.

I think you've hit it on the head, D. The only question I have for the OP is, are you saying you want to use iMessage and it's not working? So the only way to send messages is with it off?

Mannie Ku

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Thank you two so much for replying but what I am saying is that I am unable to send SMS text messages VIA Apple Watch and the only they do get sent if when I go into my settings and turn OFF iMessage toggle :(. I hope I made it clear enough. I have done everything plus restored my iPhone and still SMS text messages to NON Apple users aren't sending. :(

Mannie Ku

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Yes I did. Twice and still nothing. I want to return it and see they'll give me another one and try it in the store and see if it's the same issue. Idk what else to do. I went to the Apple Store and an appointment won't be available till next week😐😐

Mannie Ku

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
I did this like a thousand times and turned both my watch and phone. Every tweak you can think of I have done it. I have even restored my phone again just to make sure and still nothing.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I did this like a thousand times and turned both my watch and phone. Every tweak you can think of I have done it. I have even restored my phone again just to make sure and still nothing.

It's almost 'next week' but do you know anybody with a Watch? Maybe you could test swap with them. It might be tough to get a test drive in a store, except for maybe an Apple Store, of course.

Everyone I know uses Apple kit so I can't play with any settings to see what happens.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen