I wish more places accepted Pay.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I really want to be able to use Apple Pay - but not with my credit card - and my bank doesn't support it yet. So......I opened a new checking account, got my debit card right away and set it up on my iPhone and watch. Can't wait to try it out. Just wish there were more places that accepted it. :heart:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can't use my debit card with Apple Pay, so opened new checking account!!

Give it time. I'm sure more places in your area will support Pay soon.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site

So......I opened a new checking account, got my debit card right away and set it up on my iPhone and watch.

That's hard core, right there! Fortunately my bank/card are good with Pay. There are only a few places near me that use it. I haven't been to the local CVS to see if they're part of the "beta testing". Ha!

The last time I was there, their readers took standard credit and credit cards along with chipped cards. I didn't see anything on the readers that indicated contact payments.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Very cool! I use Apple Pay almost daily and love it. It's really a million times safer than swiping and it's super convenient. I lucked out though; my bank adopted Apple Pay at launch.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site

Update on Apple Pay..........I love it :smile: I've used it at McDonald's, Steak N Shake and Kohl's. The cashier at Kohl's said he had never had anyone pay with Apple Pay before and he was as excited as I was to see it work!! I looked at the maps on my ipad and typed in Apple Pay on the search bar. It showed all the places near me that accept AP. We actually have quite a few.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site

I looked at the maps on my ipad and typed in Apple Pay on the search bar. It showed all the places near me that accept AP. We actually have quite a few.

I just did that and found so many not that far from me that I wonder if Maps is interpreting the search term Apple Pay correctly. LOL! I'll have to take the Apple Pay Tour and see. CVS didn't make the cut, apparently.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I used it at my local Starbucks and the guy at the register was flabbergasted. Lol! I was just as shocked that he'd never seen it before.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
There's not a lot of businesses here that take Pay either. I use it mostly at McD's and Subway. But last I used it at Subway, their register didn't register it. Doesn't work in the McDonald's drive thru, but does inside.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I've enjoyed using it so far and I think Walmart is one of the few places that I've been which doesn't support it

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I've seen their attempt but I'll just continue to swipe my card there and hopefully they'll bend eventually

Yeah, QR codes. Good luck with that. It seems CVS is trying to get back into the fold without losing face.

Doesn't work in the McDonald's drive thru, but does inside.

It does at my local McDonald's. But I had to learn how they're supposed to use it so I could tell them what to do each time I came through. Looks like everybody's got the hang of it now. :D

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I Iuse it all the time in the UK. Used it about 4 times today. The car park i was in had a contactless reader on it so even used it there. All the shops I use now are all contactless. It's really quick to use and totally safe!! Also use it on the London underground. Works perfect!!

Last edited:

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I made a trip out to El Pollo Loco yesterday and used Pay. I didn't see the NFC logo right away but the Pay logo was there. The counterperson was familiar using a phone but not the Watch. :)

It's a ways to go just to use the Watch, but it was nice to confirm. The chicken is great, too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner