I’m a Turk, living in The Netherlands and in my younger years I supported Maradonna, Roberto Carlos, Füller, Gullit, Müller, van Basten, Koeman, Saffet, Ali, Feyyaz, Ronaldinho, Romero and so on and so.
    As you can see they are from different countries.
    Very good.

Patriotism is not the same as racism.
    Why not?
    07-26-2017 05:17 AM
    Why not?
    Why is it racism?
    07-26-2017 05:18 AM
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/patriotism

I’ll leave this here.
    Your interpretation and mine are very different and continuing about this topic doesn’t add anything new for me.
    /I’m out.
    07-26-2017 05:23 AM
    Would you support a sportsperson from your country over a sportsperson from another country? Isn't that "belittling someone for being from somewhere else"?
    Dude, just stop. You have your mind set on redefining patriotism, and I’m not with that. Take care.
    07-26-2017 06:30 AM
    This is an interesting topic.
    I think the misunderstanding comes in, at least in the U.S., because there are people who are both. Those people are on the extreme and warp the meaning of patriotism. They hate anyone different from them. I believe they use the word patriotism to hide their racist views.
    While I don't consider myself patriotic to one country I do understand the meaning for others. I think it's all in your interpretation of the word.
    07-26-2017 07:02 AM
    I think the misunderstanding comes in, at least in the U.S., because there are people who are both. Those people are on the extreme and warp the meaning of patriotism. They hate anyone different from them. I believe they use the word patriotism to hide their racist views.
    While I don't consider myself patriotic to one country I do understand the meaning for others. I think it's all in your interpretation of the word.
    Good point. My definition certainly doesn’t allow for racism in that word.
    TgeekB likes this.
    07-26-2017 07:17 AM
    Vigorous support/love for one’s country is pretty specific to me....
    TgeekB likes this.
    07-26-2017 07:23 AM
    Vigorous support/love for one’s country is pretty specific to me....
    I didn't raise the word "racism" - that was our friend Tartatus's contribution. I was interested to how he or she came to that position. Nevertheless - s/he does raise an interesting question. This "vigorous love" for one's country (is the word "vigorous" really a good choice?!) - how far does it go? If you support, for example, a sportsperson from your country in a competition, would you also give preference to someone from your country when recruiting for a job?
    07-26-2017 08:10 AM
    I'm feeling Patriotic today. Any body gotta problem with that?
    07-26-2017 08:13 AM
    Beautiful
    Spencerdl likes this.
    07-31-2017 01:58 PM
    Beautiful
    Thank You
    07-31-2017 10:00 PM
36 12