WatchOS 3 Dev Beta

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: WatchOS 3

In the watch message "Scribble" is not always there...
In fact it's almost never there for me.
I just see it sometime and I don't know why...

Do you always have "scribble" on your app message on your watch ?

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
WatchOS 3

Ok for the "Scribble problem" it's seem to be a problem for language other then English. Like German, French or other...
I can make Scribble button appear by 3D press on the message discussion and change the language to English. It does not change the language over all the watch but only on the ongoing discussion.
Language available depend on which keyboards you set on keyboard parameter iPhone.

Hopefully Apple will correct this before final watchOS 3 !

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You mean GM build. Yup

Yup, it's up and running on my Watch

My Watch has been working so well that I've totally forgotten about today's update for it until a few minutes ago.......Anyway, it's updating now. Afterwards, I've got to get some sleep and be up by 3:40 AM. Take care and have a great night, guys.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Gm update installed and the "Scribble problem"
Is still there...
No "Scribble button" for some language like German, French or other.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I deleted the beta profile from both the phone and Watch after the previous update. Software Update shows an update for watchOS 3, no mention of GM. Is that the same for you guys who didn't delete your profile? Any mention of GM or does it just appear as a regular 'street' update on not a dev's special.

I realize the final versions are the same. Once I load this update, I don't want to get beta update notices or badges. At at least until the watchOS 4 beta program starts.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You need to grab the latest dev profile from the dev site and install that to the watch. Then the GM will download.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
You need to grab the latest dev profile from the dev site and install that to the watch. Then the GM will download.

That's just it- it downloaded without the beta profiles. I deleted both, as I wanted the final update to be the 'civilian' version, and be out of the beta program.

As my phone (beta profile deleted says it's at iOS 10.0, do I need both beta profiles to download the GM to my other Watches? I'll get the wOS profiles.

bryman187

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
That's just it- it downloaded without the beta profiles. I deleted both, as I wanted the final update to be the 'civilian' version, and be out of the beta program.

As my phone (beta profile deleted says it's at iOS 10.0, do I need both beta profiles to download the GM to my other Watches? I'll get the wOS profiles.

I am in pretty much the same boat. I was hoping that since you can't downgrade WatchOS without sending it in that I could delete the beta profiles and stop receiving beta updates so that the next time an official consumer watchOS update came out I could update to that to get back on the consumer realease cycle. I deleted both profiles a while ago, but today I got another beta update(3.1). I am on a friends developer account since there was no public watchOS beta program. I asked him to remove me a awhile back, but is it possible that I could still receive beta updates even without profiles if he forgot to remove me? I was under the impression that you must have the profiles currently installed to receive update notifications. I'm still waiting to hear back from him for confirmation. Any thoughts?