WatchOS 3 Dev Beta

Dave Reiser

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: WatchOS 3

When Apple had the 3 versions of the activities face up together in the keynote (about 12:45), the digital version did not have time-of-day seconds in the time display. But when Stacey was doing the watch demo (about 16:30), that face showed time-of-day seconds on the digital mode face. Has anyone seen time-of-day seconds on any digital face on the demo watches? Is there hope that Apple will let us choose to display seconds in any of the digital faces?

I've been using digital watches for nearly 40 years, and _all_ of them have shown seconds in the primary time display. I'm so annoyed at the lack of seconds on Apple's digital faces, I've switched to the Utility face. And I really do dislike analog time displays for most purposes.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

If you mean the second as displayed in the below screenshot, then yes, that is how it appears on my Watch.

Image1465993090.446471.jpg

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
WatchOS 3

I was really hoping for third party watch faces, but the overall improvements, especially with app load times, are awesome.

Yes me to. Apple is being very stubborn on the watch faces and it's annoying.

I just hope updating the weather on my phone, won't continue to take several minutes.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
WatchOS 3

Yes me to. Apple is being very stubborn on the watch faces and it's annoying.

I just hope updating the weather on my phone, won't continue to take several minutes.

Funny you mention weather. I get mad every time I try to load my weather app. The only one I can load successfully most of the time in OS2 is Carrot (but it's not fast). The others don't load at all.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site

Funny you mention weather. I get mad every time I try to load my weather app. The only one I can load successfully most of the time in OS2 is Carrot (but it's not fast). The others don't load at all.

That's strange. All my weather apps load on my AW, including Yahoo Weather.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

That's strange. All my weather apps load on my AW, including Yahoo Weather.

Weather Underground is the worst. I love that app on my iPhone and it's my go to there, but I think I've only gotten it to open twice ever.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site

Weather Underground is the worst. I love that app on my iPhone and it's my go to there, but I think I've only gotten it to open twice ever.

My favorite is Carrot Weather and the default one. Let's hope watchOS 3 will significantly fix Weather Underground too.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site

My favorite is Carrot Weather and the default one. Let's hope watchOS 3 will significantly fix Weather Underground too.

The reason I like Weather Underground is because it displays a radar image on the watch. I haven't seen any other weather app that offers that.

As for it loading, it will load but it can take many minutes to find a my load.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Question, has anyone noticed their Watch resetting itself? I've noticed it quite a few times, it'll go to the  logo and reboot itself. Usually only when I receive an influx of notifications. Which I did see earlier this week.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site

The reason I like Weather Underground is because it displays a radar image on the watch. I haven't seen any other weather app that offers that.

As for it loading, it will load but it can take many minutes to find a my load.

I see. The only weather app that offers a radar image (not on watch) on my iPhone is a local weather app.

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site

Can I ask how that scribble feature is working for you? Is it the addition we needed to write a quick, personal message on the go?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Can I ask how that scribble feature is working for you? Is it the addition we needed to write a quick, personal message on the go?

It works good for what it is. It bogged down on me when I receiving notifications and trying to scribble. Other than that, I can't scribble with the speed I would like, if you try to scribble too fast the system can't keep up. You have to go word by word. For what it is, it's good, it's just not as fast as I would like. I still use it all the time though.

drummerjb

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site

I've installed WatchOS 3 Beta on my Watch, and thus far, everything is stable and working correctly. I love how you can swipe left or right to change the watch faces without having to use the force touch feature first. The breathing reminder is a nice little addition. I'm really going to take advantage of that feature....:)...The UI is a tad faster, but not enough to wow anyone, in my opinion. Deleting iMessages are quicker, but it still doesn't have a delete-all option therein. Anyway, to those of you who have installed watchOS 3, what are your thoughts of it?

I've my developer profile installed on iPhone (iOS 10) and my Watch isn't finding the update when I check for it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW