How far can I be away from my iPhone to use my AppleWatch?

I

iMore Question

How far can I be away from iPhone with my applewatch

Can I leave iPhone in car and still get messages to my applewatch

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: How far can I be away from iPhone with my applewatch

Welcome to iMore!

It will all depend on how far away from your car you are. I use my watch at work and find with my watch that around the 60'-75' mark, that it is no longer connected to the phone. But I have also found the what is between you can make a difference. There really is no true measurement to speak of, I can only tell you my experience with my watch & phone. You will need to test each situation out.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

http://forums.imore.com/apple-watch...-go-before-watch-loses-connection-iphone.html

"Traditional Bluetooth range is around 30-50 feet, but your Apple Watch has an advantage if your phone is connected to Wi-Fi. When you connect to a Wi-Fi network, your Watch will remain in contact with your phone anywhere in the building where you're covered by that network. For example, you can be upstairs in your bedroom and take a call while your phone is downstairs on the couch."

Source: http://www.imore.com/apple-watch-faq

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site

Can I leave iPhone in car and still get messages to my applewatch

Very likely no, unless your standing right outside your car. BT radio for consumer device (Class 2) use typically has a specification of 10M or approximately 33ft. To get a 'reliable' 100M range Class 1 BT is needed.

And all that said, various circumstances can limit range to much less that the spec. Given the BT radios of the phone and Watch are incased in metal, getting the maximum range out of them is almost wishful thinking. v4 BT is supposed to have a maximum range of 200' but I'm guessing that's downhill with a tailwind.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Safely, you can move about the room you're in without an issue. If you leave the room and put walls between you and your iPhone distance can vary. For example, my office has thick walls so I can't get more than maybe 25 feet away or I lose signal.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77