Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Just purchased my apple watch back, but thinking about going with the Fitbit Alta just to keep me up with the rest of the fitness community. I can't see myself wearing the AW and the Blaze.

Nice to know I'm not the only one with this problem with the apple watch.

Get a One, and keep it in your pocket or attach to your keychain. Then you can take advantage of the great features of the Apple Watch while using the exercise/community aspect that is so great about the Fitbit.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Get a One, and keep it in your pocket or attach to your keychain. Then you can take advantage of the great features of the Apple Watch while using the exercise/community aspect that is so great about the Fitbit.

This is what I do.

p51

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I use an AW on my left wrist & a Fitbit flex on my right wrist to test discrepancies between steps counted.
I am currently testing a Garmin Fenix 3 HR which I am liking a lot, especially since the battery has lasted almost 2 weeks between charges, which addresses my biggest gripe about the AW...battery life.
The AW was a great first step into helping me taking a more active role in my health.
I hope Apple continues to incorporate more fitness stuff into the watch & can increase battery life going forward.
Can't wait for expanded capabilities in forthcoming models.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I use an AW on my left wrist & a Fitbit flex on my right wrist to test discrepancies between steps counted.
I am currently testing a Garmin Fenix 3 HR which I am liking a lot, especially since the battery has lasted almost 2 weeks between charges, which addresses my biggest gripe about the AW...battery life.
The AW was a great first step into helping me taking a more active role in my health.
I hope Apple continues to incorporate more fitness stuff into the watch & can increase battery life going forward.
Can't wait for expanded capabilities in forthcoming models.

I've definitely worn the Fitbit surge and AW on opposite to test discrepancies. I'm sure people thought I was nuts.

p51

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I've definitely worn the Fitbit surge and AW on opposite to test discrepancies. I'm sure people thought I was nuts.

Hahaha.
Today I had the AW on my left wrist & the Fenix 3 HR & Fitbit Flex on my right wrist.
Glad to know I'm not crazy alone lol!!

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Hahaha.
Today I had the AW on my left wrist & the Fenix 3 HR & Fitbit Flex on my right wrist.

I am doing that less now but once in awhile I still strap stuff on both wrists. And then I'm running and looking at both wrists to see my HR or pace. I'm ridiculous.

p51

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I am doing that less now but once in awhile I still strap stuff on both wrists. And then I'm running and looking at both wrists to see my HR or pace. I'm ridiculous.

Yeah, I'm going to have to get rid of at least one of these devices. If not for the battery life, especially after a workout, the AW would be my primary fitness device.

runner7395

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Hahaha.

Wow, so glad I'm not the only person who did this! Now I'm down to 2. I don't wear the Fitbit anymore but love my Fenix 3HR. It's taking the place of my Apple Watch for everyday use. I still wear the both when I run.

p51

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Wow, so glad I'm not the only person who did this! Now I'm down to 2. I don't wear the Fitbit anymore but love my Fenix 3HR. It's taking the place of my Apple Watch for everyday use. I still wear the both when I run.
The Fenix 3 HR is a great device. I also wear it daily as my default watch.
Despite the size difference, it's actually lighter on the wrist than the AW.
LOVE that I don't have to charge it daily.
Will probably hold on to the AW to check out watch OS 3 when it launches.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I was using both but have since gone exclusively Apple Watch. My Fitbit Charge HR is just riding around in my work bag, likely with a dead battery.

p51

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I do believe that dedicated fitness trackers will more than likely die out in the next few years. Probably by the time we get to an Apple Watch 3 or 4.
As much as I like my Garmin Fenix (it's a GREAT fitness tracker) it falls short in many places compared to the AW. The software is terrible & user interface is meh at best.

madridmorell1

Jul 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I have a FitBit Charge HR and i keep using it due to the social aspect of Fitbit.

I love my Apple Watch and wish they had a way to integrate the Fitbit app with the Apple Watch

ruger141

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I use my Garmin Vivo Active with chest strap for my weight Lifting, Cardio and Runs, the AW is pitiful for fitness Imo. The Garmin lights up brightly in sunlight while my AW is impossible to see unless I cup a hand over it. I can glance at the Garmin and see the screen at any angle where the AW I have to flick my wrist just right or hold it awkwardly as I run a few steps to read it. My Garmin displays multiple pieces of useful data on the screen at once such as Pace, HR, Lap Time, Total Time, Cadence and I can customize each screen as I see fit. It allows me to set an auto lap or manual where I can touch the capacitive button to end a lap-very useful for my interval runs where I like to separate slow laps from fast laps. I gave the AW a couple chances during runs and a few weight lifting sessions and just found it to not be useful. For lifting weights I use an app callex JeFit and would rather interface with it on my phone than count reps on the watch.
So my conclusion, my Apple Watch may be pretty and kind of neat, but it's far from useful for actual fitness. I reach for my Garmin when I want a real useful tool.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

p51

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I use my Garmin Vivo Active with chest strap for my weight Lifting, Cardio and Runs, the AW is pitiful for fitness Imo. The Garmin lights up brightly in sunlight while my AW is impossible to see unless I cup a hand over it. I can glance at the Garmin and see the screen at any angle where the AW I have to flick my wrist just right or hold it awkwardly as I run a few steps to read it. My Garmin displays multiple pieces of useful data on the screen at once such as Pace, HR, Lap Time, Total Time, Cadence and I can customize each screen as I see fit. It allows me to set an auto lap or manual where I can touch the capacitive button to end a lap-very useful for my interval runs where I like to separate slow laps from fast laps. I gave the AW a couple chances during runs and a few weight lifting sessions and just found it to not be useful. For lifting weights I use an app callex JeFit and would rather interface with it on my phone than count reps on the watch.
So my conclusion, my Apple Watch may be pretty and kind of neat, but it's far from useful for actual fitness. I reach for my Garmin when I want a real useful tool.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

I recently returned my Fenix 3 HR in order to give my AW (which I've had since last summer) a chance to grow on me again.
The AW is a TERRIFIC product, no doubt about it.
My primary reason for purchasing one was the HR monitor and becoming more active. Triaging messages w/out having to grab my phone was a secondary benefit.
As of right NOW, in terms of fitness tracking & the more active lifestyle I'm hoping to lead, the Fenix blows the AW out of the water..despite crappy software (connect app) & limited smart watch functionality.
That being said, I fully expect Apple & the AW to become the dominant player in the fitness tracking space within the next few years, but until then I will be going back to the Fenix 3 HR.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner