Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I really miss the friends/social aspect of FItbit, but I love the technology aspect of my Apple Watch.

Does anyone use both?

I was thinking of grabbing a Fitbit Alta for everyday use, and then keeping my Apple Watch for when I am not outside working, or not working out.

Does anyone wear both, all the time??

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I have the Fitbit Surge and One. I usually have the AW on my wrist and my One clipped to my body somewhere. I wear the surge to run and sleep. The AW isn't dependable for running so I don't always have it with me. I use SyncSolver to sync data between Fitbit and Health app.

anon(631408)

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I wear both. I have the AW on the left wrist and the Alta on the right. I don't think I could do any larger Fitbit but the Alta is thin enough and doesn't feel awkward to me. I do check to see if the steps match and they are close but it allows me to be on the leaderboards and do challenges with my co-workers. I also use it for the silent alarms and charge the AW at night. I do not turn on the notifications on the Alta because I want them on the AW. I have thought about trying other options but this is working for me.

emanwis

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I wear both the watch and the FB Flex. AW on left, FB Flex on the right. I only do this because our extended family are big into the challenges. I really wish that the AW could be used for this but understand from a business perspective why it doesn't.

PatrickNSF

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I switch off between wearing an Apple Watch and a Garmin 235 (now 735) as my daily wear watch. But when I wear the AW, I wear a small Garmin vivosmart on my right wrist. I like the social aspect of step tracking with friends in the Garmin ecosystem.

If Garmin read AW steps, or if Apple comes up with a social aspect to activity/step tracking, I'd happily stop using the vivosmart.

Kevin Webb2

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I use a Charge on my right wrist and Apple watch on left....the Apple watch feels generally useless to me as a fitness device. I would switch full time to the fitbit watch, but i like to wear the charge when I play soccer, the watch would be a stretch.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I use a Charge on my right wrist and Apple watch on left....the Apple watch feels generally useless to me as a fitness device. I would switch full time to the fitbit watch, but i like to wear the charge when I play soccer, the watch would be a stretch.

Out of curiosity, what does the Fitbit offer in the way of fitness tracking that the Apple Watch doesn't?

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Out of curiosity, what does the Fitbit offer in the way of fitness tracking that the Apple Watch doesn't?

It tracks floors climbed. There are multiple form factors to choose from so you can have a slimmer profile if you don't want it to look like a watch. I think the UI of the mobile app is better than Apple's.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
It tracks floors climbed. There are multiple form factors to choose from so you can have a slimmer profile if you don't want it to look like a watch. I think the UI of the mobile app is better than Apple's.

Thanks! I've never liked that Apple Watch doesn't have an altimeter or a barometer.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Also the social aspect. Seeing what your friends are doing may give you some extra motivation to take the stairs instead of the elevator. Or walk to lunch rather than drive.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Also the social aspect. Seeing what your friends are doing may give you some extra motivation to take the stairs instead of the elevator. Or walk to lunch rather than drive.

Another good argument for Fitbit. Apple is missing a really big opportunity by not integrating social media into Apple Watch's fitness app. Hopefully we see some big improvements with watchOS 3.

suitebliss

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I sold my Apple Watch a couple of months ago because I really missed to social aspect of the Fitbit, so I purchased the Fitbit Blaze, but I really miss my Apple Watch. Is there any word if the next Apple Watch will have to social capabilities of the Fitbit or not. I know more people with Fitbits than AW's. I'm thinking of purchasing the apple watch and getting an alta for my other wrist. I really wish Apple would catch up to its competitors.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I sold my Apple Watch a couple of months ago because I really missed to social aspect of the Fitbit, so I purchased the Fitbit Blaze, but I really miss my Apple Watch. Is there any word if the next Apple Watch will have to social capabilities of the Fitbit or not. I know more people with Fitbits than AW's. I'm thinking of purchasing the apple watch and getting an alta for my other wrist. I really wish Apple would catch up to its competitors.

There just aren't nearly enough people who Apple watches that make the social aspect worthwhile to me right now. Everyone I know has a Fitbit but I literally only know 3-4 people with AWs. And they're not the kind of folks who care about fitness.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

In watchOS 3 they're adding some social stuff but not on the level as Fitbit still. IIRC it's all on the watch too, I don't think it's in the watch app.

rws381

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I use both sometimes. I have two Fitbits, Flex and Blaze. If I am working out (lifting, running or cycling mostly) I wear my Blaze, also sleep with it on most of the time for resting heart rate and sleep tracking.

During the day when I am at work or just lounging around I'll use a Flex and my Apple Watch.

This process seems to be working out well. I have always found Fitbit to be better exercise tracking than Apple Watch but still get to use my Apple Watch which I truly do like. Just am not a fan of the workout tracking on it when compared to Fitbit.

suitebliss

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Just purchased my apple watch back, but thinking about going with the Fitbit Alta just to keep me up with the rest of the fitness community. I can't see myself wearing the AW and the Blaze.

Nice to know I'm not the only one with this problem with the apple watch.

rws381

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Just purchased my apple watch back, but thinking about going with the Fitbit Alta just to keep me up with the rest of the fitness community. I can't see myself wearing the AW and the Blaze.

Nice to know I'm not the only one with this problem with the apple watch.

Enjoy, this format that I have been using seems to be working well.

Just to be clear, I don't wear both Blaze and AW at the same time either. It's AW+Flex or Blaze only.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73