How does it compare to the built in workout app?
    They're neck and neck, but Runtastic has the social sharing features, which is nice.
    05-06-2016 09:18 PM
    I've gotten that once or twice before. It's only when I forget to turn on the Bluetooth on my phone....for the watch.
    Bluetooth was turned on. I always have it on. I got it 4-5 times this morning alone. Even after a reboot, which took forever. I wasted 15-20 minutes bc of this issue. I'm so frustrated.

It's things like this that keeps me from loving my AW.
    05-06-2016 11:17 PM
    Bluetooth was turned on. I always have it on. I got it 4-5 times this morning alone. Even after a reboot, which took forever. I wasted 15-20 minutes bc of this issue. I'm so frustrated.

It's things like this that keeps me from loving my AW.
    Not sure then? The only time I've ever had any kind of trouble was when I had my Bluetooth turned off?

Other than that, it's been flawless. I always launch strava from my phone, monitor with my AW, and usually stop and finish the run/ride from the AW as well.
    05-06-2016 11:23 PM
    Not sure then? The only time I've ever had any kind of trouble was when I had my Bluetooth turned off?

Other than that, it's been flawless. I always launch strava from my phone, monitor with my AW, and usually stop and finish the run/ride from the AW as well.
    I am sure I had Bluetooth on. I was listening to Apple Music through my Bluetooth earbuds when this all happened.
    05-06-2016 11:37 PM
    I am sure I had Bluetooth on. I was listening to Apple Music through my Bluetooth earbuds when this all happened.
    Humm? I wonder if Apple Music has anything to do with it? Maybe some Bluetooth interference?Can't see why it would?

I don't have any music on my phone, I always stream Pandora though. Strava and Pandora 100% of the time and zero problems.
    05-06-2016 11:40 PM
    Humm? I wonder if Apple Music has anything to do with it? Maybe some Bluetooth interference?Can't see why it would?

I don't have any music on my phone, I always stream Pandora though. Strava and Pandora 100% of the time and zero problems.
    I mentioned (perhaps in a different thread) that maybe it was Apple Music not playing well but I'm not sure. None of the running apps I've used have been reliable.
    05-07-2016 12:39 AM
    So I picked up a new Garmin 235 watch to finish my marathon training, and wore both it and my Apple Watch for an 8 mile run today to test accuracy. I expected the Garmin to be more accurate. Surprisingly, the AW/iPhone with Endomondo was only 2/100s off from the MapMyRun PC app, which is always the most accurate measurement. The Garmin was off by a full 1/10th of a mile. I'll test again but very surprised the iPhone was more accurate than a Garmin.
    05-07-2016 01:01 PM
    So I picked up a new Garmin 235 watch to finish my marathon training, and wore both it and my Apple Watch for an 8 mile run today to test accuracy. I expected the Garmin to be more accurate. Surprisingly, the AW/iPhone with Endomondo was only 2/100s off from the MapMyRun PC app, which is always the most accurate measurement. The Garmin was off by a full 1/10th of a mile. I'll test again but very surprised the iPhone was more accurate than a Garmin.
    Wow. Interesting. Just curious - how do you determine which is more accurate? I can never really tell which app/device is closest to reality. I usually compare multiples and see which ones are closest to each other. Or if I need encouragement, whichever one tells me I'm fastest is the most "accurate"

I would think the Garmin is most trustworthy since it's built for that.
    05-07-2016 01:04 PM
    Wow. Interesting. Just curious - how do you determine which is more accurate? I can never really tell which app/device is closest to reality. I usually compare multiples and see which ones are closest to each other. Or if I need encouragement, whichever one tells me I'm fastest is the most "accurate"

I would think the Garmin is most trustworthy since it's built for that.
    That's what I expected too. The MapMyRun website is probably the most accurate mapping/distance tool there is, and it's what magazines & websites usually use to judge he accurate of GPS devices. I just used that, mapped out my exact route, and compared it to the Garmin and AW stats. I'll do a few more this week, but a 2/100ths difference I can live with. 1/10th is too big.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    05-07-2016 02:30 PM
    That's what I expected too. The MapMyRun website is probably the most accurate mapping/distance tool there is, and it's what magazines & websites usually use to judge he accurate of GPS devices. I just used that, mapped out my exact route, and compared it to the Garmin and AW stats. I'll do a few more this week, but a 2/100ths difference I can live with. 1/10th is too big.
    I use mapmyrun on my long runs and I've found it to be pretty accurate as well. Looking forward to hearing your report back. I really just want a running app that works consistently on my AW. But apparently, that's asking for too much.
    05-07-2016 10:33 PM
    So I have been starting a run with Runkeeper on my phone and then starting an Outdoor Run on my watch. Seems silly to have to do this but then I get the map from Runkeeper and glance able information and heart rate from the watch.

Same when I bike.
    05-08-2016 06:48 AM
    So I have been starting a run with Runkeeper on my phone and then starting an Outdoor Run on my watch. Seems silly to have to do this but then I get the map from Runkeeper and glance able information and heart rate from the watch.

Same when I bike.
    That does sound silly. Has RK crashed for you like it has crashed for so many of us? That's why I don't use RK anymore.
    05-08-2016 07:44 AM
    I use mapmyrun on my long runs and I've found it to be pretty accurate as well. Looking forward to hearing your report back. I really just want a running app that works consistently on my AW. But apparently, that's asking for too much.
    I've found Endomondo to be the most accurate and consistently bug-free running app for the AW. There have been a few issues where it wouldn't start properly over the past several months, but I find if I remember to do both a watch reset and a phone reset before each run, it's bug free and accurate. It's very disappointing it's not a native AW app yet, nor does it support the HRM, but with its customizable screens/fields and accuracy it's always my go-to.
    05-08-2016 11:51 AM
    That does sound silly. Has RK crashed for you like it has crashed for so many of us? That's why I don't use RK anymore.
    It has been pretty bad but I have a subscription and tons of data saved there so I'm trying to maintain those data.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    05-08-2016 06:07 PM
    It has been pretty bad but I have a subscription and tons of data saved there so I'm trying to maintain those data.
    You're more patient than I. Especially with a paid thing, I'd expect things to work. I'm gonna give Endomondo a shot this week. Of course, it's gonna rain most of the week so I may not get to run outside.
    05-08-2016 09:00 PM
    I've found Endomondo to be the most accurate and consistently bug-free running app for the AW. There have been a few issues where it wouldn't start properly over the past several months, but I find if I remember to do both a watch reset and a phone reset before each run, it's bug free and accurate. It's very disappointing it's not a native AW app yet, nor does it support the HRM, but with its customizable screens/fields and accuracy it's always my go-to.
    Good to hear. I will give it a shot. I prob won't reset it everyday. In my opinion, resetting it every single time isn't something that I should need to do to have things work. Will report back.
    05-08-2016 09:02 PM
    Did another run, this one 3.5 miles based on MapMyRun.com. AW with Endomondo off by 1/100th of a mile, Garmin 235 off by just under 1/10th of a mile. I'm really surprised by the results. Really thought a Garmin would always be more accurate.
    05-09-2016 02:28 PM
    I use Map my Run.. The one time that I used Apple Music I had issues with the app not tracking my run.. Luckily I caught it early, and closed Apple music and map my run.. Reopened Map my run, and switched back to Spotify and the problem went away.. Not sure which app it was, but i've not had an issue since, but I've not used Apple music since either..

I ran a 10K last weekend, and couldn't for the life of me get my watch to start map my run (first time this has ever happened).. Before I noticed it I was about a half mile in and already getting a little sweaty.. Pulled my phone off my arm and started it through the app.. Once Map my run was open and started on my phone my watch picked it up without any more problems.. I've ran twice since and not had any issues.. I chalk it up to being nervous for my first race, and I just missed it at the start...
    05-10-2016 10:15 PM
    Did another run, this one 3.5 miles based on MapMyRun.com. AW with Endomondo off by 1/100th of a mile, Garmin 235 off by just under 1/10th of a mile. I'm really surprised by the results. Really thought a Garmin would always be more accurate.
    Yea, that is surprising to me. I still haven't gotten out for a run bc of rain in my area. Treadmills are it for me this week until it drys up a little. But I am looking forward to giving Endomondo a shot.

I use Map my Run.. The one time that I used Apple Music I had issues with the app not tracking my run.. Luckily I caught it early, and closed Apple music and map my run.. Reopened Map my run, and switched back to Spotify and the problem went away.. Not sure which app it was, but i've not had an issue since, but I've not used Apple music since either..

I ran a 10K last weekend, and couldn't for the life of me get my watch to start map my run (first time this has ever happened).. Before I noticed it I was about a half mile in and already getting a little sweaty.. Pulled my phone off my arm and started it through the app.. Once Map my run was open and started on my phone my watch picked it up without any more problems.. I've ran twice since and not had any issues.. I chalk it up to being nervous for my first race, and I just missed it at the start...
    Interesting about your Apple Music observation. I use AM during my runs and also suspected that to be a potential culprit. So disappointing if that's the case. I stopped my Spotify service in favor of AM so if this is the case, it totally stinks.
    05-11-2016 11:34 AM
    I've been trying out Runtastic and it seems to be doing well for me. I've only done a handful of runs, and non longer then 5 miles but from what I have seen its pretty decent. My watch did crash once which I can only blame runtastic as it was saving/closing - I've never had my Apple Watch crash like that. It only occurred once and since then its been rock solid
    eyecrispy likes this.
    05-13-2016 02:27 PM
    Make sure to have one second GPS recording selected for the Garmin. The smart recording option uses less data and is reportedly not as accurate.
    05-17-2016 11:49 PM
    What marathon are you training for ?
    05-25-2016 09:17 AM
    I've been a Nike + Running app user for years and love it. There's a Nike + Running app specifically for the Watch. Originally when I got my Watch I was disappointed with the app, but the problem was that I had my Watch defaulted to return to watch face each time I raised my wrist. Now that I made the switch I'm able to see my data in the app on my wrist. It's exactly what I was hoping when I picked up the Watch last month.
    05-25-2016 12:30 PM
73 123