Is the Apple Watch waterproof?

No. It's water resistant, but not water proof. IE; you don't want to have it on in the shower, or while swimming. But it should be fine if you get caught in the rain running from the store to your car.
    AndroidDario likes this.
    04-07-2016 01:05 AM
    Here's the official stance from Apple:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205000

There's a thread around here I think with the topic being whether or not people shower with it on. Many do, but I don't!

For what it's worth, they do recommend you use some water if the digital crown gets sticky:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204639
    04-07-2016 05:46 AM
    I took mine back. Totally not worth the money. Just an overpriced watch that tells you when you get a text or email. Sure the notifications are cool, but I can get them on my iPhone. The watch doesn't do anything your phone can't do other than track your heart rate (which is inconsistent and doesn't work right when exercising). I wore my Polar watch and heart rate chest strap at the same time and the Apple watch was way off and couldn't keep a constant measurement of my heart rate while I was exercising. You have to be still to get it to ride right all the time. I am glad many people like the watch but it is useless beyond being a watch. Especially considering it doesn't work without your phone within' range of it. It would be better if you could use it independently of your phone, but still not perfect or worth the money.
    04-08-2016 11:57 AM
    Iit doesn't work without your phone within' range of it. I
    Here's what the Apple Watch can do without an iPhone | iMore
    gagatronics likes this.
    04-09-2016 09:26 AM
    How long does the battery last? What's the allowed range between the iPhone and the Watch?
    04-12-2016 02:20 PM
    How long does the battery last? What's the allowed range between the iPhone and the Watch?
    Battery life leaves a lot to be desired, in my opinion. I have to charge mine everyday. My typical use case is to do my early morning run/workout, which drains 15-20% of the battery easily. I put it on the charger while I shower and get dressed and leave the house with it fully charged. By the time I go to bed between 10 and 11pm, it's between 15 and 35% depending on the day.

As for range, I'd guess 30 feet?
    AndroidDario likes this.
    04-12-2016 04:23 PM
    Battery life leaves a lot to be desired, in my opinion. I have to charge mine everyday. My typical use case is to do my early morning run/workout, which drains 15-20% of the battery easily. I put it on the charger while I shower and get dressed and leave the house with it fully charged. By the time I go to bed between 10 and 11pm, it's between 15 and 35% depending on the day.

As for range, I'd guess 30 feet?
    Mine's been better than that but guess it all depends on how much you tax the system. I put it on one morning about 4am, had it on airplane mode for about 2 hours, wore it all day, airplane mode for about 2 hours, then back on the charger at 1am with 47% left of the battery. That was last year though, and the watch was only a month or so old. I've had it on since about 5am this morning, I'll have to look at it tonight when it goes on the charger...
    04-13-2016 05:50 AM
    it's between 15 and 35% depending on the day.
    I find that I'm easily attaining about 50 to 60% of battery life on my watch. I work out anywhere from 30 minutes to 90, depending on my schedule, I also use the watch for notifications, and weather apps but that's about it. I really don't run other apps, or take calls on the watch.

I will say that when I go out for a long run, say 8 to 10 miles, the watch won't last the day for me. It dies about 7:00pm, which is about the time I'm working out in karate.

I typically on charge it over night, though I've learned to charge it while showering after one of those long runs.
    04-13-2016 06:32 AM
    My Watch (42mm stainless steel) was worth every penny. I'm a watch guy to begin with so the added functionality to something I was already wearing on my wrist is welcomed and appreciated. I'm very busy during the day but get a ton of calls and texts from clients so it's nice to be able to take a quick glance at my watch during meetings.
    Playing Devil's advocate, I love my watch but I don't feel that I NEED my watch. In contrast, I NEED my iPhone. If you can afford an Apple Watch get one. Otherwise, you'll be just fine without one.
    04-13-2016 06:40 AM
    I love my watch but I don't feel that I NEED my watch.
    Its definitely a luxury item. My usage dictated that the sport made more sense. The thing I like about the AW, is that I get notifcations while teaching karate, which is not my main job. If I get paged (which comes by way of a text), I need to be aware of this, which I cannot when I'm teaching the kids karate as my phone is in my gym bag.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    04-13-2016 08:44 AM
35 12