Battery issues with 2.2?

Suggs68

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if this is just me, but I just got a low power warning on my watch for the first time since I've had it, just wondering if it had anything to do with the OS update. Didn't do anything differently or use any new apps on the phone. Anyone else having battery issues since the update yesterday?

rws381

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I put my watch on yesterday at 5:45AM, went to bed around 11:15PM and still had 51%.

Pretty satisfied with that.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I put my watch on yesterday at 5:45AM, went to bed around 11:15PM and still had 51%.

Pretty satisfied with that.

Put mine on at 4:00AM and at 10:00PM had over 60% charge. Not much in the way of new features but battery life makes it a very worthwhile upgrade. Now on to the next beta!

mindfrost82

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I was just going to start a post until I saw your thread. Mine has been HORRIBLE after the 2.2 update. Did you ever find a fix?

I updated my phone to 9.3 (now 9.3.1) and the watch to 2.2 on the same day. The next day, my watch asked to go into power saving mode by 5pm, not even off the charger for 11 hours. That's the first time I've had it not last a whole day since I got it. And that's also without doing any exercise activities.

I've checked settings, uninstalled apps, and I've done a backup then unpair an re-pair with my phone restoring from the backup and the same horrible battery life. I haven't tried pairing as a new watch because I don't want to lose all of my achievements.

I've noticed my phone is having issues connecting to the watch sometimes too. If I go to the watch app, then to Passcode, it'll usually tell me it can't connect to my watch, even though both the phone's bluetooth and the watch show connected.

My next step was going to be wiping the phone and restoring it from my current backup.

Any other suggestions?

ab21au

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
I have that also, losing connection with the phone. Turn off Bluetooth on the phone and back on again and it reconnects. Reboot both and it seems to fix it. I have had it before after an update and rebooting both has fixed it every time.

Suggs68

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Ever since that first day when I lost power on the watch the day after 9.3, it's been fine. Connection's been solid and finishing most long days with over 50% power. Not sure what that was but seems totally fine now.

mindfrost82

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I was able to fix mine. I have 2 iPhones. My watch was paired with my personal iPhone 6, but back in January I paired it with my work iPhone 6S Plus.

After updating both phones to 9.3 and my watch to 2.2, my watch battery wouldn't last a full day and neither would my personal iPhone 6.

This weekend, I backed both phones up and wiped them both. I restored them from the backups and now my personal iPhone 6 and my watch batteries are both working great again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh