WatchOS 2.2 Released

cgavula

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Weird, I downloaded 9.3 for my iPhone and iPad, but watchOS 2.2 isn't appearing for me at all.

UPDATE: I found the problem. It won't appear if you have the beta profile installed. You have to remove it for the update to show up.

Last edited:

NinerJet9

May 16, 2013
Visit site
The update wasn't worth mentioning since there is ZERO innovation. The iMore coverage had six or so bullet points and a good majority of the bullets were language and international country support. Apple must be holding out the cool stuff for V2.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
The update wasn't worth mentioning since there is ZERO innovation. The iMore coverage had six or so bullet points and a good majority of the bullets were language and international country support. Apple must be holding out the cool stuff for V2.

I'm sure we'll see watchOS 3.0 in the Fall (hopefully) with a ton of new features. I'd love third party watch faces.

DX9

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Well I definitely see better battery life on my watch with 2.2. Updated early afternoon yesterday and battery life has been better. Did a full charge after the update.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Well I definitely see better battery life on my watch with 2.2. Updated early afternoon yesterday and battery life has been better. Did a full charge after the update.

Yeah, for me battery life seemed to improve through each of the betas. It's quite good now.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Improved battery life is the main factor for me, the additional languages and dual phone support, not so much.

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I did a factory restore on my 6S Plus and Watch earlier this morning. I took the watch off of the charger at around 8:30am, right now (5:30pm) I'm sitting at 75%, and that's after un-pairing, initial setup and reinstalling all of my apps.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone think the Event was blah...... :)

It had its moments. If I were in the market for a tiny smartphone or an iPad I would have found the event much more worthwhile.
We have the usual September event to look forward to in six months. That's when they announce the coolest toys.

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Facebook Messenger and Yelp refuse to run on my Watch now. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling too and got the same result.

macounette

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Battery life is definitely an improvement in this watchOS version.
Other than that, apart from the fact that it took ages to update, there isn't much to say (though the possibility to pair additional watches can be of interest to some people).

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Battery life is definitely an improvement in this watchOS version.
Other than that, apart from the fact that it took ages to update, there isn't much to say (though the possibility to pair additional watches can be of interest to some people).
Agreed, the possibility to pair more than one watch to my phone is of no benefit to me but the extended battery life is very nice. It's improved throught the beta cycles and I'm now quite pleased with it. Going on 17 1/2 hours off charger and still 74% battery left. Big improvement over 2.1

owlyn

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what they were thinking. IMO, the bigger need is to pair one watch to more than one phone. I have two phones- personal and work. It would be really nice to easily pair from one phone to the other.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73