I was very surprised at the resale value of the SS models. Thought they would go higher on resale. I find the sports models sell better on eBay. Guess it's the higher price point of the SS.
    Probably. I'm sure they sell multiples over on Sport vs SS. Considering they do the same thing, $200 is a big difference.
    03-29-2016 07:34 AM
    I'm so disappointed. I just sold my Apple Watch stainless steel 38mm with 7 bands and many months of apple care for $400. All my Apple products have had such good resale on eBay. This one is a bummer. I think next time around I'm going to opt for the sport. The Ss is not worth it. Sorry I upgraded to the SS 42mm.
    03-31-2016 07:14 PM
    I'm so disappointed. I just sold my Apple Watch stainless steel 38mm with 7 bands and many months of apple care for $400. All my Apple products have had such good resale on eBay. This one is a bummer. I think next time around I'm going to opt for the sport. The Ss is not worth it. Sorry I upgraded to the SS 42mm.
    Not worth it if you're going to resell it. Totally worth it to me to wear it every day
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    03-31-2016 08:53 PM
    That's what I'm saying it sucks monkey balls!
    03-31-2016 08:53 PM
    Why did you sell for such a low price?
    03-31-2016 09:09 PM
    Gazelle is planning to start buying them back, as well, which makes it a lot more appealing to me.
    Gazelle does not pay enough for devices.
    03-31-2016 09:11 PM
    Not nearly enough. I love Swappa that's my go to.
    04-01-2016 04:42 AM
    I put it up on auction on eBay. I have always gotten good resale on my Apple Products. It had so many views and watchers but in the end people would only bid so high. Before that I had listed it as a buy now at a decent price and had no bites.
    04-01-2016 06:14 AM
    I think the problem is the initial price point of the SS is so high that people expect a better deal on resale. The sport price point is more reasonable so on resale people feel like they are getting a deal. It is going to be interesting to see the pricing and models of watch2. People seem to be bitting more for the sport now that they reduced the price. Consumers don't seem to want to pay more than 300's for a watch that will get outdated rather quickly.
    04-01-2016 06:37 AM
    Why did you sell for such a low price?
    Because the resale value isn't strong. In my area they've almost dropped to 150 OBO. I'm hoping to get one for 100 in good condition.
    04-03-2016 01:38 PM
    I also believe when sellers put a reserve price will make some peeps not want to bid. I know I never bud on reserved priced auctions.
    04-03-2016 11:51 PM
    I also believe when sellers put a reserve price will make some peeps not want to bid. I know I never bud on reserved priced auctions.
    Yeah but if you don't set a reserve then you'd be selling your item for way less than you want. Unless eBay has relaxed their rules you have to sell the item for the winning bid, right?
    04-03-2016 11:53 PM
    Not nearly enough. I love Swappa that's my go to.
    But Gazelle pays cash (or paypal anyway), and is reliable. I don't patronize Amazon.
    05-04-2016 02:17 PM
    I'm not too worried about resale value. I usually donate items when I upgrade to new ones.
    05-05-2016 09:05 AM
    I didn't my the Apple watch to sell it, I bought it to wear and its fullfilling its mission wonderfully. It's not a perfect device, but I do enjoy the features it has. I purposely bought the sports model, given the price point, and what it offers. To that end, I'm not expecting a lot in return when I do sell it.
    05-08-2016 06:15 AM
    I had bought one new a few months ago when they were on sale for $299 for the 42mm Sport and just could not justify it even at that price so I took it back after about a week. I just bought one used for $210 that came with everything original and extra sport band plus a Milanese loop band. That band isn't from Apple I'm sure but it looks and feels great. It also came with Applecare+ through January of 2018 so at that price I am comfortable with it and will use it for some a long time unless the second apple watch offers something i can't resist. lol.
    mumfoau likes this.
    05-20-2016 10:01 AM
41 12