Digital Crown sticking?

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
The Digital Crown on my Apple Watch has been sticking the last few days. It's no longer silky smooth when I turn it. Still works but I just notice a stick when trying to turn it. I use it daily for my runs and workouts so I do sweat on it but I wipe it dry after. Anyone else experience this with their watches?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Mine does on occasion. Then I just drip water around the crown and clean around. It tends to work fine after that.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Mine does this a lot, I do work work in dusty environments a lot though, usually just spinning it back and forth a few times fixes it for me. Occasionally I'll clean it with water.

ArGiEs

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Mine did it from the time I first got it (new) last Fall. It would seem to catch and then work smoothly after that for a while, but after not being turned for a while it would stick once again. Upon reading this thread I realized that it hasn't come to my attention recently. Perhaps it "wore into place".

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I've never worn watches in the shower. Seems weird to me. To each his own.

If you think that's odd my brother used to sleep with his watch on as well as shower, and this was long before the smartwatch let alone sleep tracking were even thought about!

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
If you think that's odd my brother used to sleep with his watch on as well as shower, and this was long before the smartwatch let alone sleep tracking were even thought about!

I've always slept with watches on. I think it's bc I'm blind as a bat and can't see the clock so need a watch an inch away from my face. But wearing anything in the shower is strange to me. :)

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I've always slept with watches on. I think it's bc I'm blind as a bat and can't see the clock so need a watch an inch away from my face. But wearing anything in the shower is strange to me. :)

Yeah, I don't shower with it on every day but I have just not wanted to fool with removing it. Depending on the band I'm wearing I'll just leave it on with no worries about getting it wet.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I don't shower with it on every day but I have just not wanted to fool with removing it. Depending on the band I'm wearing I'll just leave it on with no worries about getting it wet.

I can't even wear my wedding band in the shower.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2