Do you know many people who have Apple Watch?

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I know a few. I had one until I decided to return it. No knock against the watch, but I needed to replace my tablet and returning the watch offset the cost by $349. Maybe I'll get lucky and win one. ;)

Som Kundu

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
None in my friends contacts have. The only one I know off is my client whom I can send a heartbeat or those doodles. Miss someone to be able to send one :(

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
We welcome users of all opinions, not just the ones that match our own.

Maybe you misunderstood my question. I just wanted to know why a person would want to be in a forum group for something they don't like. I would never dream of joining a forum for - say, a Samsung phone - simply because I don't have one, don't want one, and know nothing about them. And I certainly don't have anything against opinions other than my own! :biggrin:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Maybe you misunderstood my question. I just wanted to know why a person would want to be in a forum group for something they don't like. I would never dream of joining a forum for - say, a Samsung phone - simply because I don't have one, don't want one, and know nothing about them. And I certainly don't have anything against opinions other than my own! :biggrin:

Fair enough. I think it's pretty common actually. I stay up to date with Android's offerings, and even post in Android Central every once in a while. I wouldn't consider buying one of their products either.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm starting to see more and more people with a  watch, maybe it's because I'm actually looking for it now or more people are buying them.

kaymc

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
I don't know anyone who owns one. To the best of my knowledge, I've only ever seen one in the wild. That said, I haven't really been looking for them either. For all I know they're under everybody's winter coat sleeves, and they'll be everywhere this summer!

Maybe.

Every podcaster I listen to seems to own one, so if that's Apple's target demo, the market could already be saturated,

As for myself, nobody's yet make a convincing case for why I should get one. Plus they're ugly as sin.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't know anyone who owns one. To the best of my knowledge, I've only ever seen one in the wild. That said, I haven't really been looking for them either. For all I know they're under everybody's winter coat sleeves, and they'll be everywhere this summer!

Maybe.

Every podcaster I listen to seems to own one, so if that's Apple's target demo, the market could already be saturated,

As for myself, nobody's yet make a convincing case for why I should get one. Plus they're ugly as sin.

I love the design but everybody has different tastes. It's hard to make an argument that everyone should buy an watch because it's a watch, and not a cheap one. I wear my watch constantly but I'm a watch guy and I appreciate the additional functionality. My wife hates wearing a watch so I wouldn't even consider getting her an watch.
I love my watch but I don't feel like a need it. I NEED my iPhone. That's the difference IMO. Maybe watch just isn't for you! (and that's perfectly okay, I should add)
As far as target demographics, Apple is marketing to anyone who likes watches and maybe wants some additional functionality, whether it be notifications, fitness monitoring, or any other additional benefits not present in traditional watches. It's a wide range, which is why watch costs anywhere between a few hundreds dollars and several thousands of dollars.
The market is nowhere near saturated. Tech bloggers all have them partially because it's their job to know about the products they talk about.

Ariza16

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
i know about 4 people that have one in my area including myself. once in a while i see a person with one at store.

RobtRoma

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't know anyone else with one and I very rarely see them outside my own wrist. Might be because it's winter and people are wearing jackets that cover them up. It's still fun to see peoples faces when I pay with my watch.

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
I know a smattering of people who have it. It's not quite ubiquitous around here yet, but at the same time, people don't seem too "hey! is that an Apple Watch/iWatch?" anymore... (which is actually a good thing, in my opinion. I'm just trying to eat my reuben over here.)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2