Link Bracelet Black coming Off

jimpilot

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I've had the link bracelet in black for about 6 months. I noticed the black is wearing off on the corners of several links.

Is this covered by warranty or did I spend a lot of $ on a major disappointment?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If it is under warranty, please know that typically, warranties do not cover normal wear and tear. I' assuming the color is wearing off where the links touch tables, counters, etcetera? Anyway, contact a nearest Apple Store and inquire.

jimpilot

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
It's less than 6 months old. I don't put more than normal wear and tear on it, I can't believe that's all it's designed to last, not at that price point.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
That watch with band is like $1100. If it started wearing off on me, I'd take it to Apple. That wouldn't be acceptable to me at that price.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
It's less than 6 months old. I don't put more than normal wear and tear on it, I can't believe that's all it's designed to last, not at that price point.

Take it into the Store. I bought my SBSS watch with the link off of eBay and on the inside of the band there was some wear on the links with the color coming off. I took it to my Store and they replaced it instantly no problem. Just make sure you take your extra links with you too cause they need those.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Run, don't walk, to your nearest Apple Store. They'll replace it in a heartbeat. That's WAY too much money to spend on a band that's going to break down after six months!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77