Pebble is always-on, but the e-ink display uses nothing except when it refreshes. I'm not sure all the things people need/want from their Apple Watch would be served by an e-ink display though!
    I absolutely would not be happy with an e-ink display on an Apple Watch. Go ahead and shut the display off when I'm not looking at it.
    03-07-2016 06:43 AM
    I have a first generation Black Pebble smart watch and I still wear it almost everyday, but it's time to upgrade, so I will be getting the second generation Apple Watch no matter what it comes with or what it doesn't come with. It will still be an upgrade from my current smartwatch
    03-07-2016 07:53 AM
    I have a first generation Black Pebble smart watch and I still wear it almost everyday, but it's time to upgrade, so I will be getting the second generation Apple Watch no matter what it comes with or what it doesn't come with. It will still be an upgrade from my current smartwatch
    So much nicer than the 1st gen Pebble! But you knew that
    03-07-2016 01:32 PM
    I wish I could rely on the Apple Watch for an alarm, but the vibration isn't strong enough and the sound isn't loud enough. Before the Apple Watch, I wore an original Pebble, and it's alarm vibrate has never failed me. I still wear the Pebble to bed as a silent alarm, to not wake up my girlfriend. I never connect it any more, just use it without Bluetooth for a local watch.
    Agree that Pebble has a robust vibrate alarm. How long does your Pebble last without a Bluetooth connection to the phone? I tested this on mine once, and the thing lasted 13 days before running out of battery! All that time, I was still using the sleep tracker, step counter, and basic calendar functions.
    03-07-2016 01:40 PM
    Definitely robust when people sitting near you know you got a notification!
    03-07-2016 02:02 PM
    I didn't find the Activate On Wrist Raise reliable enough for my use. Also, it's not workable while running or strength training. Once I started using my Garmin as a daily wear watch, I found the AW frustrating to use. But I'd definitely give v2 a look if they can improve the display options.
    03-07-2016 07:45 PM
    If they lower the price, like damn 400$ is too expensive
    03-16-2016 01:06 PM
    My wish feature/improvement in the future Apple Watch:
    1. Longer battery life: at least 7 days standby time.
    2. GPS: to keep track my running distance and pace. This feature will give the watch less dependence to iPhone.
    3. 10 meters water resistance.
    4. Wireless charging
    03-25-2016 01:03 AM
33 12