Excuse my ignorance but have a question. I am new to Apple and have a 6s but my incoming emails seem slow. I posted and got help with the phone and seem to have the setting correct for push notifications Etc.
    My question is, would the watch be faster? I appreciate it if any one can help.
    02-16-2016 08:25 AM
  2. TripleOne said: Best Answer

It should give out the notification on your Watch the moment your iPhone receives them.
    It should give out the notification on your Watch the moment your iPhone receives them.
    02-16-2016 08:29 AM
    That was fast thanks. So there is no point buying a watch? I just wondered if it would come in a little faster. Thanks.
    02-16-2016 08:33 AM
    That was fast thanks. So there is no point buying a watch? I just wondered if it would come in a little faster. Thanks.
    I think there is a point buying the watch ... easier to lift the arm and look at the message or notification than get the phone out of the pocket.
    02-16-2016 10:39 PM
    It will be quite easier and faster too.
    02-18-2016 02:14 AM
    The Apple Watch is a convenience accessory to the iPhone. Notifications are passed to the watch virtually the instant they appear on the iPhone. If you're fine hand carrying your iPhone around with you, you probably wouldn't appreciate the convenience of the watch.

I don't pass all the notifications that are set on the iPhone to the watch. I only want my VIP emails passed to my watch, and only a subset of the iPhone's app notifications are sent to my watch. So, I use my watch for news notifications from only a couple of the apps on my iPhone, all my iMessages, phone calls, quick look home camera views, Siri control of my HomeKit devices around the house, weather alerts and status, and the like. Then, I leave my iPhone in its charging dock as I wander around my house. When I'm out and about, I leave my iPhone either in my messenger bag or coat, except when I'm at a location where I actually want to browse the Internet or interact with a specialty app.
    moontune likes this.
    02-21-2016 06:14 AM
    The  Watch is the extension and fulfillment of the iPhone. Emails and notifications are just the tip of the iceberg of the convenience and safety available with this device. Taking (or making) phone calls through the  Watch is just awesome. With both hands on the steering wheel, phone safely in a pocket, chatting away safely with the memory of **** Tracy's two-way wristwatch radio from the daily comics afresh in my mind brings me to a singular conclusion.
    I love living in the future!
    gagatronics and moontune like this.
    02-26-2016 05:14 PM
    Most of the time it's instant on my watch. Strangely on a couple emails my phone would show it then 5 seconds later my watch would. Think it was having a Monday lol
    03-16-2016 08:25 AM
    Thanks for the replies. I did find out as I actually ended up buying a watch and really like it. The e mails come it at the same time but as a couple of you mentioned it is quicker on the watch just to twist the wrist.
    The one thing that I really love though that I missed with my Blackberry that is not on the I phone is the message light.
    Yes the watch has it and I love it.
    03-17-2016 09:39 PM