I'm curious when you charge your AW and how often you need to do it. I've read some folks use it for sleep tracking, but given the relatively short battery life, when are you charging it?

I've just been using my Fitbit for sleep tracking and letting my AW charge overnight.
    02-11-2016 12:36 PM
    I wear all day and charge overnight myself also. Working out fine so far...
    02-11-2016 01:06 PM
    Same here wear all day then on my charging stand overnight
    02-11-2016 01:33 PM
    I wear mine all day and charge it on a charging dock all night. Works great for me. I sleep like a bear so no reason for my watch to tell me that
    02-11-2016 01:43 PM
    must admit the idea of wearing a watch that you have to recharge every night is ridiculous. I find it annoying enough to have to charge the phone every night. Luckily I used a samsung with a removable back cover - I've used an anker extra long life battery. Which gives me 2 days of use inbetween charging. Having to charge the watch every day would just be too much.
    02-11-2016 01:48 PM
    I get two full days on a charge. I researched before I bought the watch so wasn't expecting a normal watch.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    02-11-2016 04:04 PM
    must admit the idea of wearing a watch that you have to recharge every night is ridiculous. I find it annoying enough to have to charge the phone every night. Luckily I used a samsung with a removable back cover - I've used an anker extra long life battery. Which gives me 2 days of use inbetween charging. Having to charge the watch every day would just be too much.
    I don't find it any more work to take my Apple Watch off and rest it on its magnetic charging dock than I do taking off a regular watch and resting it on my dresser. The value I get from wearing my Apple Watch all day long more than makes up for the extra 8 inches my arm has to travel to put it on its charger.
    02-11-2016 05:33 PM
    I don't find it any more work to take my Apple Watch off and rest it on its magnetic charging dock than I do taking off a regular watch and resting it on my dresser. The value I get from wearing my Apple Watch all day long more than makes up for the extra 8 inches my arm has to travel to put it on its charger.
    lol, well put.
    ScottAB and cwbcpa like this.
    02-11-2016 05:50 PM
    Exactly!
    ScottAB likes this.
    02-11-2016 06:10 PM
    I wear it all day, charge it a few hours before I go to sleep and use my iPhone to track my sleep.
    02-11-2016 09:23 PM
    I take mine off every night, but only charge it every other night. On the night I'm not charging it, I shut it completely off. No reason for it to be on when a.) I'm sleeping and b.) when I'm not wearing it either.

To each his/her own though
    macounette likes this.
    02-12-2016 10:47 AM
    Wait for the lipo/liio battery to degrade and it will be much worse.
    02-12-2016 11:17 AM
    Do you have an Apple watch? If not why the angst over how often someone else has to charge or not charge their watch, or how soon the battery will degrade?
    ScottAB and ladyc0524 like this.
    02-12-2016 12:00 PM
    Wear all day. Charge all night. Rinse. Repeat.
    ScottAB likes this.
    02-12-2016 03:18 PM
    I do what most guys here did as well, wear it all day and charge overnight on my charging stand with nightstand mode on.
    02-12-2016 09:01 PM
    Thank you! Reading my mind.
    ScottAB likes this.
    02-12-2016 09:29 PM
    Do you have an Apple watch? If not why the angst over how often someone else has to charge or not charge their watch, or how soon the battery will degrade?
    Well said. Even more to the point...... If u don't own any apple products, why r u even here.
    02-12-2016 09:32 PM
    I'm just like everybody here, wear all day and charge at night.
    mumfoau likes this.
    02-12-2016 09:34 PM
    My watch rarely sees any battery level under 40%. Its lithium ion battery should retain 80% capacity for 1,000 full charge cycles. I'll be just fine.
    02-12-2016 09:42 PM
    My watch rarely sees any battery level under 40%. Its lithium ion battery should retain 80% capacity for 1,000 full charge cycles. I'll be just fine.
    Mine has been off the charger since 830am. Right now it is at 34% after almost 13 hours. I'll be in bed in the next hour or two. The thing I haven't tried yet is to do my workout in the morning and then see if it'll last the rest of the day. My workouts are usually 60-90 minutes long and my battery usually goes from 100% to 79-83% during the workout. Not sure if that's normal or not, but I usually put it on the charger while I'm showering and getting ready for work and put it back on before I walk out the door.
    Rob Phillips and lball0105 like this.
    02-12-2016 10:18 PM
    Usually , I charge after every 36 hrs.
    02-12-2016 10:31 PM
    I had been charging every night since I got the watch in July and it had been working fine. Out of curiosity of Sleep++ I'm going to try this method to see how it works out:

https://david-smith.org/blog/2015/09...ch-24-slash-7/

I have a feeling that I'll be switching back to nightly because I like to have the watch on me while I'm awake. I've grown pretty attached to it.
    02-13-2016 06:05 AM
    I've been using Sleep++ the last 2 days. Here's the battery usage and recharging I've had:

-Thursday night 10 pm 42% after full day's use
    -Put on airplane mode and activate Sleep++
    -Up at 6 am, battery at 34%
    -Put watch on charger. 100% within 65 mins or so (I checked via iPhone battery widget)
    -9 am watch back on.
    -Friday night, up til 2am. Battery at 52%.
    -Put on airplane mode and activate Sleep++
    -Up at 9am, battery at 42%
    -Put watch on charger. 100% within 65 mins or so (once again, I checked via iPhone battery widget)

I have been more than pleased with the battery life on the Watch. Being able to use it for sleep monitoring is an unexpected benefit.
    02-13-2016 10:39 AM
    I had been charging every night since I got the watch in July and it had been working fine. Out of curiosity of Sleep++ I'm going to try this method to see how it works out:

https://david-smith.org/blog/2015/09...ch-24-slash-7/

I have a feeling that I'll be switching back to nightly because I like to have the watch on me while I'm awake. I've grown pretty attached to it.
    I use David Smiths method of charging, I also use the workout function for 60-75 minutes every morning and charge while showering and then while I prepare for bed, usually hit the bed with 100% charge. I put the watch in airplane mode while sleeping with Sleep++ and wake up with 98-99% charge. Then it only takes a few minutes to get back to a fully charged watch. I get great battery life. Some of this may be due to running watchOS 2.2 beta 3 as I've noticed a marked improvement with the betas.
    02-13-2016 11:46 AM
    The first week I had my watch, it was down to 40% by the time I got home from work in the evening.

Now, I put it on the charger when I'm getting ready in the morning. It's rarely below 40% when I do, and it's fully charged by the time I'm ready to walk out the door.
    02-13-2016 11:47 AM
72 123