I don't find it any more work to take my Apple Watch off and rest it on its magnetic charging dock than I do taking off a regular watch and resting it on my dresser. The value I get from wearing my Apple Watch all day long more than makes up for the extra 8 inches my arm has to travel to put it on its charger.
    This is one thing that seemed like it'd be a minor annoyance and gives me pause but looking at it from this perspective, it makes a great deal of sense!
    Just_Me_D and Rob Phillips like this.
    03-07-2016 08:20 AM
    This is one thing that seemed like it'd be a minor annoyance and gives me pause but looking at it from this perspective, it makes a great deal of sense!
    Thank you sir!
    Many of these discussions stem from the fact that we are so spoiled by Apple from a user experience standpoint that we're almost forced to nitpick. The only slight inconvenience I see is if you want to use your Apple Watch for sleep tracking. I don't. I sleep like a log; my wife tells me all of the time.
    03-07-2016 09:56 AM
    Thank you sir!
    Many of these discussions stem from the fact that we are so spoiled by Apple from a user experience standpoint that we're almost forced to nitpick. The only slight inconvenience I see is if you want to use your Apple Watch for sleep tracking. I don't. I sleep like a log; my wife tells me all of the time.
    I'd want to use it as a silent alarm like I do my Fitbit but if that's no feasible then I can continue to use my Fitbit for that only.
    03-07-2016 10:25 AM
    I usually won't leave it on my charging stand to charge overnight as some days I don't wear my Apple Watch, hence will charge before going to bed then turn off.
    03-07-2016 11:25 AM
    I have a stand like @devilishbanker -- super easy to use, just rest the watch on top and the magnet does the rest. Can be done easily in the dark without searching for the Lightning port! I wouldn't sleep with it anyway so it's no work at all.
    mumfoau likes this.
    03-07-2016 01:31 PM
    Like almost everybody else here, I take my AW off at night, rest it on its magnetic dock and wear it throughout the day. I rarely get below 50% within a normal day's usage (except when working out), so it's pretty much in par with everybody else's experiences around here.
    I've tried using the AW for sleep tracking, and like someone else said here, the trick is to charge it for a while before going to bed, (put it to charge while you're watching TV, or else not moving much around the house) and in the morning while getting ready for the day. Works like a charm.
    03-13-2016 10:08 AM
    I use HeartWatch to track my sleep. So I find charging my watch in the morning and in the evening just for a few does the trick.
    03-14-2016 08:05 PM
    I charge my Apple Watch Sport overnight, but I am only at about 65% when I do.
    03-14-2016 08:12 PM
    I usually have my watch charging right before I hit they hay. Sometimes I charge it at the crack of dawn so it'll be ready for use for the entire.
    03-14-2016 08:15 PM
    I use HeartWatch to track my sleep. So I find charging my watch in the morning and in the evening just for a few does the trick.
    Me too. Only I use Sleep++. What's HeartWatch like?
    03-14-2016 11:47 PM
    Me too. Only I use Sleep++. What's HeartWatch like?
    Heartwatch is very interesting. It could turn someone into a hypochrondiac though. Hahaha!

https://www.macstories.net/reviews/heartwatch-2-review/
    03-15-2016 03:13 PM
    I charge twice a day. I top off before I go to bead and use Sleep++. When I wake up, I top off again so I can make it through the day.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    03-15-2016 09:34 PM
    I charge mine every night, I cant sleep with a watch on and I have a stand for it.
    03-15-2016 10:54 PM
    I charge in the morning while getting ready for work. I generally end the day around 60% or slightly more. The morning charge works well. I've had the watch since September, and only remember a few times I was less than 100% when I began the day.
    dchandler likes this.
    03-15-2016 11:29 PM
    Heartwatch is very interesting. It could turn someone into a hypochrondiac though. Hahaha!

Thanks for sharing this. With the article yesterday about the watch saving a man who was having a heart attack, I think $2.99 is a small price to pay for the extra data. You're probably right though -- I bet it can make you a bit jumpy with all of it!
    03-16-2016 07:21 AM
    Normally just put it on the dock at night. Sometimes I forget to charge it and I can normally get though my workday.
    03-16-2016 08:21 AM

Interesting! Can it check blood pressure too?
    03-16-2016 04:10 PM
    Interesting! Can it check blood pressure too?
    You can get one from Withings.

http://partners.withings.com/c/15922...essure-monitor
    gagatronics likes this.
    03-16-2016 07:48 PM
    Also just read this article on iMore:

http://m.imore.com/alivecors-kardia-...ur-apple-watch
    03-16-2016 08:53 PM
    I tend to charge it every night. I just put it on the watch stand before I go to bed. Sometimes if I'm off the next day I leave my watch on overnight and don't need to charge it until the afternoon of the following day. The battery life is good enough for me.
    robertk328 likes this.
    03-17-2016 07:57 AM
    I charge mine every night because it's on my arm till I go to bed. It's always above 50%. I had a Fitbit and it bugged me when I tried to sleep with it on, so I haven't even attempted sleeping in my larger Apple Watch.
    03-24-2016 12:47 PM
    Charge it every night. Its usually the last thing I take off and the first thing I put on.
    03-24-2016 01:36 PM
72 123