Do you want a camera on your Watch?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The rumors say the new Watch is going to have a FaceTime camera. I have a friend who while we were talking about the Watch said he would love a camera on the watch. I don't think I would. I like being able to use the watch as my iPhone viewfinder. I remember seeing the Samsung watch ad with their camera and laughed thinking how gimmicky it looked.
Do you guys want a camera on your Watch?

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: Apple Watch camera

If it does only FaceTime and nothing else, then it's not worth it (to me at least) as I don't use FaceTime like I did before. But then, it's still an additional feature.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

I don't know what it is but I just feel like I wouldn't use a camera on the watch. So I'd rather them concentrate on other things. But maybe I'm in the minority on it.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Apple Watch camera

I don't think I'd really use it either and it would ruin the aesthetic of the front bezel. It isn't terribly noticeable on the front of the iPhone but it would stick out like a sore thumb on the watch.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

See I feel like this is a grass is always greener on the other side. People think they want it but really I'm not sure how much they will actually use it. A camera to make Facetime calls I feel would be silly becaue like someone said your arm is gonna get tired real fast holdiing it up to your face. I feel like there are so many other things they could do that would make users a lot happier than putting a camera in there.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Apple Watch camera

I rarely use FaceTime on my other devices so I know I wouldn't use it on an Watch. A camera on the Watch, whether for pics or videos, is not something I look forward to having, but I don't have any objections to Apple providing it because there are those who would make use of it.

fkpalm

Feb 20, 2002
Visit site

I had a Samsung Gear which had a camera didn't think I would use it but came in handy and used it a lot more then anticipated

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site

I'm not sure if I would use a camera on my  watch but it would be cool to have Ned I can just imagine the cool apps the devs would come up with.

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

How good could the resolution be? The little kid in me wants that but the adult in me says why? But I'm sure I would buy it

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

I had a camera in my Samsung Gear. It was a neat trick at first but got old and I never used the camera after a short while. I think Apple could focus on other things but I'm not too sure just what right now. Loving my apple watches. I do wish you could pair it with more than one phone though...would have saved me from having to buy 2.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

The rumors say the new Watch is going to have a FaceTime camera. I have a friend who while we were talking about the Watch said he would love a camera on the watch. I don't think I would. I like being able to use the watch as my iPhone viewfinder. I remember seeing the Samsung watch ad with their camera and laughed thinking how gimmicky it looked.
Do you guys want a camera on your Watch?

In a word...NO

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77