How is the call quality on the Apple Watch?

I

iMore Question

Is the call quality on the Apple Watch comparable to the iPhone? How is it?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! From my experience it's not as nearly as clear as it is on my iPhone. That being said, it's a sufficient alternative if you need to make or receive a call and don't have convenient access to your phone.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Agreed! It works in a pinch... Was able to take an important call I otherwise would have missed :) sounded ok but felt odd talking to my wrist.

NinerJet9

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I like to use it when I'm driving. That way I don't need to hold my phone. The only other time I use it is when I know the call will be very short.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Works just fine for a quick call, but I wouldn't take a long conference call from my wrist.

ftlum

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
It's very "tinny" sounding and is just audible enough to work in a moving car with the windows up. It works in a pinch, but it's not something I would want to use all the time. I really hope they upgrade the speaker on Watch 2.

brianminor

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it works if things are really quiet. The in the car thing doesn't work for me usually road noise is just too much, but I'm usually on the interstate going 65+ so maybe driving around town at slower speeds would work better.

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I prefer to use it in the car to make quick calls. Never really had a problem with road noise. It was louder than I expected, but I do notice a small delay in responses from the other party. I assume thats because of the bluetooth connection. I get a real clear connection with FaceTime Audio obviously, but I wouldn't go walking around the street or a public place doing that...

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Does using it in the car fall under "hands free"?

I prefer to use it in the car to make quick calls. Never really had a problem with road noise. It was louder than I expected, but I do notice a small delay in responses from the other party. I assume thats because of the bluetooth connection. I get a real clear connection with FaceTime Audio obviously, but I wouldn't go walking around the street or a public place doing that...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner