I had open heart surgery about two months ago and I am afraid to do anything strenuous. My friend recommended getting the Apple Watch to monitor my heart rate. If my heart rate becomes erratic will the Apple Watch alert me?
    01-10-2016 08:45 PM
    Unfortunately, you cannot get alerts for your heart rate on the Apple Watch. There might be a third party app that does this, but I don't know of any. It would be a cool feature for a future watchOS.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-12-2016 11:47 AM
    That would be a medical feature and Apple has made it clear that they don't consider the watch a "medical device" that would be subject to all sorts of government rules and regulations.

Also, unless you're in exercise mode, the watch only checks your heart rate every 10 minutes.
    01-14-2016 11:46 AM
    That would be a medical feature and Apple has made it clear that they don't consider the watch a "medical device" that would be subject to all sorts of government rules and regulations.

Also, unless you're in exercise mode, the watch only checks your heart rate every 10 minutes.
    when i 1st read the OP i thought that would be a cool feature also. but you make a great point.....once ppl consider it an official medical device; with the first glitch, the lawsuits would pour in....
    01-28-2016 05:09 AM
    You are looking for an app called "HeartWatch." It costs a couple of bucks but does what you're asking! It also has s complication.
    tsparks1 likes this.
    03-08-2016 01:35 AM
    You are looking for an app called "HeartWatch." It costs a couple of bucks but does what you're asking! It also has s complication.
    Yep, use it myself. Very nice app with loads of data and you can set alert thresholds.
    03-08-2016 08:32 AM
    This! Saw the app here and bought it. Quite a good app with a lot of interesting info in it.

HeartWatch. View & get notified about heart rate data captured on your watch. by Tantsissa
    https://appsto.re/us/hwdw_.i
    03-26-2016 07:14 AM