Does the Apple Watch alert me if my heart rate becomes erratic?

I

iMore Question

I had open heart surgery about two months ago and I am afraid to do anything strenuous. My friend recommended getting the Apple Watch to monitor my heart rate. If my heart rate becomes erratic will the Apple Watch alert me?

andrwstw

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately, you cannot get alerts for your heart rate on the Apple Watch. There might be a third party app that does this, but I don't know of any. It would be a cool feature for a future watchOS.

neatfreakgeek

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
That would be a medical feature and Apple has made it clear that they don't consider the watch a "medical device" that would be subject to all sorts of government rules and regulations.

Also, unless you're in exercise mode, the watch only checks your heart rate every 10 minutes.

CKisses

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
That would be a medical feature and Apple has made it clear that they don't consider the watch a "medical device" that would be subject to all sorts of government rules and regulations.

Also, unless you're in exercise mode, the watch only checks your heart rate every 10 minutes.

when i 1st read the OP i thought that would be a cool feature also. but you make a great point.....once ppl consider it an official medical device; with the first glitch, the lawsuits would pour in....

cessex

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
You are looking for an app called "HeartWatch." It costs a couple of bucks but does what you're asking! It also has s complication.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox