How can I reset my Apple Watch?

I

iMore Question

My Apple Watch has been freezing up a lot, how can I reset it? Would doing this fix the problem?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
1. Via the Watch, select Settings→ General→ Reset, and then select "Erase All Contents and Settings".

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Before erasing everything via the Reset option, I'd try a forced Restart first. This will erase the active RAM and clear the caches, which may have gotten corrupted.

Here's how: ?Force Apple*Watch to restart. Hold down the side button and the Digital Crown at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.?

Excerpt From: Apple Inc. ?Apple Watch User Guide.? Apple Inc., 2015. iBooks.
This material may be protected by copyright.

Check out this book on the iBooks Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/apple-watch-user-guide/id985786488?mt=11&at=10l3Vy

As a first step, I'd try a simple shutdown of the Apple Watch, by holding down the side button for 10 seconds. Once it's off, hold the same button down again until the Apple logo appears. This will clear the RAM, but leave the caches in place. Since many apps make use of their caches to speed up opening their apps, this will avoid your having to open each app after the restart to rebuild their caches.

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
If individual apps are behaving badly, simply delete them using the Watch app on your iPhone. Then, reinstall them to see if that fixes the issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods