What AW did you get and why?

ultravisitor

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
So looking through the website, I would only consider watch sport and the watch. So barring the price difference between the 2, what/how did you choose: aluminium or ss?

I got the sport version because the watch is too new and doesn't have enough functionality to justify the cost of the stainless steel version.

Do not regret it at all. The stainless steel looks nice, but no way would I spend so much on this watch given its limitations.

ultravisitor

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I am doing a lot of travelling this year and I thought this might be a great gadget to have than wearing rolex, etc. while overseas.

Honestly, I went to Rome in November and had my Apple Watch as my only watch. I regretted taking it and missed my Rolex. So I ended up not wearing the Apple Watch as much when I came back.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I got the sport version because the watch is too new and doesn't have enough functionality to justify the cost of the stainless steel version.

Do not regret it at all. The stainless steel looks nice, but no way would I spend so much on this watch given its limitations.

What can your Rolex do that the Watch can't that made you miss wearing it?

ultravisitor

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
What can your Rolex do that the Watch can't that made you miss wearing it?

It doesn't "do" anything other than keep time and look beautiful--and I don't expect any more from it. I love wearing it and admiring the substance and craftsmanship it exhibits.

Being a purported "smart" device, I expect more than I get out of the Apple Watch. It's not an attractive enough device for me to look at it for long. It doesn't do enough on its own for it to be fun to play with. That leaves time--and if that's the most of what I'm getting out of the device, then it doesn't compete with other watches I have.

I know that this opinion doesn't contribute to the echo chamber, but that's my experience.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't "do" anything other than keep time and look beautiful--and I don't expect any more from it. I love wearing it and admiring the substance and craftsmanship it exhibits.

Being a purported "smart" device, I expect more than I get out of the Apple Watch. It's not an attractive enough device for me to look at it for long. It doesn't do enough on its own for it to be fun to play with. That leaves time--and if that's the most of what I'm getting out of the device, then it doesn't compete with other watches I have.

I know that this opinion doesn't contribute to the echo chamber, but that's my experience.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with your opinion. I was just curious. Anyway, thanks for the clarification, and enjoy the rest of your day...:)

kittycatspawz

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Silly reason. I'm 53 and a college senior at U of Memphis. Had a monster Professor, "Tank" that I dearly loved. However, he was and is ANTI-electronics. My son is ADHD and constantly into something (he usually is the problem 😜) and needed to be easily reached by his school. ANY phone, laptop, computer, etc., is banned in his class so the watch served as a secret weapon to allow me to know if something was going on. I have the 38 cheapest, silver model with white band and later purchased the black band as well. Love both bands for completely different looks. As a gift from a best friend, I couldn't have asked for more!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Silly reason. I'm 53 and a college senior at U of Memphis. Had a monster Professor, "Tank" that I dearly loved. However, he was and is ANTI-electronics. My son is ADHD and constantly into something (he usually is the problem ) and needed to be easily reached by his school. ANY phone, laptop, computer, etc., is banned in his class so the watch served as a secret weapon to allow me to know if something was going on. I have the 38 cheapest, silver model with white band and later purchased the black band as well. Love both bands for completely different looks. As a gift from a best friend, I couldn't have asked for more!

Like you, I have both the white and black sport band and both look great on my Watch. I've had mine since May 2015 and I still am amazed at how well it has made my life in regard to notifications and quick replies. I'm 52 and have worn a watch since I was probably 7 years old. If something were to happen to my Watch, I would go out and purchase another Watch Sport model without a doubt.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal