What AW did you get and why?

gagatronics

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Hi all! So I am contemplating as to whether I get one now or wait for the next release but for anyone who knows me, I am really an impatient creature!

So looking through the website, I would only consider watch sport and the watch. So barring the price difference between the 2, what/how did you choose: aluminium or ss? space gray or silver, etc? Would be interested to know your thought process on choosing. Thanks in advance!

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I got the Gold Sport with the Midnight Blue Sport Band. I love it. I think it looks classy without looking too over-the-top, like the gold one does (in my opinion). Also, after wearing a succession of stainless steel and titanium watches, I wanted something different and I just love the look of the brushed gold Sport.

I was going to get the Stainless Steel mainly for the durability but to be honest, I didn't like the look of it as I thought it was just too shiny.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I got the Gold Sport with the Midnight Blue Sport Band. I love it. I think it looks classy without looking too over-the-top, like the gold one does (in my opinion). Also, after wearing a succession of stainless steel and titanium watches, I wanted something different and I just love the look of the brushed gold Sport.

I was going to get the Stainless Steel mainly for the durability but to be honest, I didn't like the look of it as I thought it was just too shiny.

Can you post a pic? Curious to see how it looks.

gagatronics

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site

Oh gold with blue! Yes that looks great on the website! I'll keep that in mind. Is that only for 42mm or for 38mm as well?

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
42mm white sport

42mm = because I am big with big hands. Good decision, it is not to large on me and easy to use even with my fat fingers

sport = Comparing aluminum casing to stainless steel I did not see the advantage of paying at least $150 more for a stainless steal case. The aluminum in the Sport is of the same high quality as the material used to build Macs and iOS devices. It feels good on the wrist and even after several instances of being roughed up (banged against things, etc.) it still looks new.

white = wanted all my stuff to match (I have white/silver EVERYTHING on all my iOS devices and Macs)

I've since bought other bands and change it up every now and then. Overall I was happy with my decision. The sports bands look a bit cheap IMO but they are comfortable to wear.

lkveggie

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm hoping to get the rose gold 38mm soon. But still on the fence about waiting for round 2 of the Apple Watches. 🤔

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I was in the same boat as you recently. I originally went with the SS black but after looking at the price difference, apple care cost difference, and the amount of finger prints on the SS... I knew the sport model was for me.. I also looked on here at the show off your watch thread and googled images of the sport with premium bands. The sport still looks good with more expensive bands so that's still a plus

rsgoldens

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I just got the 38mm Rose Gold Sport to match my phone. I absolutely love it! It was $100 off at Best Buy so it was a great deal. I wear a lot of purple /pink but still looks classy with my work clothes too. My eyes would have preferred 42mm but my wrists are small.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
42mm stainless steal with black sport band. I also have a Milanese loop for it and I'm planning on getting a brown leather band in the near future. I went with the stainless steal because of my job (I work in private banking), I wanted the sapphire crystal display, and I just like the way it looks.
4bcd137a17ac0c2e9994abb232c65083.341109

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
38 mm silver sport.

I tried both sizes but I was more comfortable with the 38 and its price! White is one if my favorite colors, so I love the sports band that came with it. I am able to wear it with just about anything...work or play. Win-win for me!

gagatronics

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Thank you all for your inputs. I recently got the iphone 6s in RG so I am also eyeing the 38mm RG. But I don't know yet. I always try to get "the best of the best" looking at my stuff as an investment but somehow I just couldn't pull the trigger on this one YET. To me it seems that the SS is more durable but I am more attracted to the aluminium series. I am aware that this watch will only last until the next "better" one comes along and that the function is the same across the series. So I don't understand why I am overthinking it!

gagatronics

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
42mm stainless steal with black sport band. I also have a Milanese loop for it and I'm planning on getting a brown leather band in the near future. I went with the stainless steal because of my job (I work in private banking), I wanted the sapphire crystal display, and I just like the way it looks.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160110/4bcd137a17ac0c2e9994abb232c65083.341109

Thanks! Your AW looks wicked! I am also in the professional arena (oncologist) but I am doing a lot of travelling this year and I thought this might be a great gadget to have than wearing rolex, etc. while overseas.

gagatronics

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
I just got the 38mm Rose Gold Sport to match my phone. I absolutely love it! It was $100 off at Best Buy so it was a great deal. I wear a lot of purple /pink but still looks classy with my work clothes too. My eyes would have preferred 42mm but my wrists are small.

That's the exact watch that caught my eye too! I don't wear a lot of pink but a hint of pink, to me is very feminine and I like it! Please let me know how yours is holding up...

gagatronics

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
I was in the same boat as you recently. I originally went with the SS black but after looking at the price difference, apple care cost difference, and the amount of finger prints on the SS... I knew the sport model was for me.. I also looked on here at the show off your watch thread and googled images of the sport with premium bands. The sport still looks good with more expensive bands so that's still a plus

This is very helpful! I will look up some images too! Cheers!

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
42mm stainless steel for me. Mine initially comes with the black sport band but later on my wife bought the Milanese Loop for me. Reasons for choice of stainless steel is because it looks and feels more like a real watch (also heavier). Having sapphire crystal on the front and ceramic (zirconia) on the back, reinforces the durability of the watch and needs to casings or protectors to shield it.

Coming back to having the sport band in the first place, it was the cheapest of the 42mm SS models, even though I preferred a metal strap such as the Milanese or Link bracelet but it's a bit too expensive. So for our anniversary/Christmas present, my wife bought me a Milanese and I love it to bits!

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I have the 42mm rose gold sport with the stone band. I just ordered the midnight blue sport band as well. With so many issues popping up with third party bands I'm sticking with the official bands and navy and rose is gorgeous together.

837962c11ae949aa57c494ed3695abe6.jpg

I'd ordered the silver 38mm with white when the watch
launched but sent it back because it didn't feel finished yet. That's why I knew I'd rather the 42 this time and with OS 2 the watch is far better than at launch. I have small wrists but I like big watches.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative