Ok so I bought the Black Stainless Steel watch and love the watch features.. though I just don't know if I wanna keep the Stainless Steel or go down to the Space Grey sport.. If I drop to the sport I'll still have a black watch, plus I'll get apple care and get $110 back... I like the shinyness of the stainless steel but I'm worried about scratches on the body and I refuse to get any covers.. Plus I still have to purchase apple care which is $69 more dollars..
    So for those that have the Stainless Steel watches how tough is the metal against scratches from accident bumps into walls, tables, chairs..etc
    01-08-2016 05:39 PM
    The stainless steel is pretty strong but, just like any watch, it isn't immune to scratches. The good thing about stainless steel is scratches can usually be buffered/polished. I have other stainless steel watches that I've polished and I've always been able make them look like new again. As a bonus, the sapphire crystal display is pretty darn scratch resistant.

If you like the look of the stainless steel and you aren't too worried about the price difference stick with it. If you want to save a few bucks go with the Sport. Either way, AppleCare+ isn't a bad idea IMO.
    mach1man likes this.
    01-08-2016 05:51 PM
    Yea that's where I'm stuck at... I like the look, but don't know if I like it for $180 (difference in edition plus apple care) more... Ugh such a hard decision.. And I really didn't even think about being able to polish the stainless steel

I was reading online some reviews and one reviewer said that the screen with sapphire crystal is harder to see in bright sunlight
    01-08-2016 06:18 PM
    The Black Stainless Steel is likely to show scratches more than the normal one I think. I went for the Gold Sport. I was going to get the stainless steel but the Gold Sport just looks way better in my opinion and has the same functionality. Win.
    01-09-2016 04:01 AM
    The stainless steel is pretty strong but, just like any watch, it isn't immune to scratches. The good thing about stainless steel is scratches can usually be buffered/polished. I have other stainless steel watches that I've polished and I've always been able make them look like new again. As a bonus, the sapphire crystal display is pretty darn scratch resistant.
    The space black stainless can't be polished however. From what I've read, the coating is stronger than that on the aluminum but YMMV. The sapphire is definitely more scratch resistant but more brittle. Be careful when handling it -- I would not put it on or take it off when standing on a tile floor

If you like the look of the stainless steel and you aren't too worried about the price difference stick with it. If you want to save a few bucks go with the Sport. Either way, AppleCare+ isn't a bad idea IMO.
    Agreed! If you can afford it, either stainless version is the way to go. And AC+ is cheap peace of mind.
    mach1man and wbcolon like this.
    01-09-2016 09:21 PM
    The space black stainless can't be polished however. From what I've read, the coating is stronger than that on the aluminum but YMMV. The sapphire is definitely more scratch resistant but more brittle. Be careful when handling it -- I would not put it on or take it off when standing on a tile floor
    I missed the black detail in OP's original post. You are correct though, the space black stainless can't be polished.
    mach1man likes this.
    01-09-2016 09:37 PM
    Well I ended up taking it back and getting the sport model.. I got the 42mm space grey with apple care and a zagg screen protector plus $90 back so for me I'm happy..
    Plus the finger prints on the black stainless steel was kinda getting on my nerves lol
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    01-10-2016 12:37 AM
    Glad you got what you WANTED. No right answer other than that
    mach1man likes this.
    01-10-2016 11:36 AM