We're closing in on a year now, and the lack of developer support for the Watch is still disappointing. OS2 brought some improvements, but the lack of new complications, even expected ones like an ESPN one, and weak running/exercise support is really surprising. The watch does most things well enough, like notifications, email/text support, calendar, etc, but that can all be done with a pebble or android. I was really hoping we'd see some killer apps by now.
    And as a serious runner, I really expected better support from the apps like Endomondo, Runkeeper, Runtastic, etc, but I still find their watch support weak.
    I'm sticking it out and I do like my watch and see amazing potential, but it's getting frustrating. Am I the only one?
    01-01-2016 04:09 PM
    Never need a developer's support.
    01-03-2016 10:39 AM
    The expectations of the Watch in my life has been exceeded. The apps and complications that I currently use are really all that I need, but I understand that each person is different and has different needs. With the rumors of the Watch 2, maybe a good deal of developers are waiting for it to be released before putting in the time and effort. We'll know soon enough.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    01-03-2016 10:47 AM
    While dev support could certainly improve it's better than any other smartwatch out there today. I think part of the problem is that smartwatches are still considered niche devices. Hopefully holiday sales will motivate more developers to support Apple Watch and that support will continue to improve over time.
    01-03-2016 10:51 AM
    Yeah, I do agree it's better than every other smart watch out there, and I owned a Pebble and Microsoft Band before getting it on launch day and haven't taken it off since. I'm just surprised that some of the bigger apps like ESPN or the exercise apps never did complications, and that the native OS2 apps are still few and far between after this much time. It's not an Apple issue of course, but considering how much support they get from the app devs it is surprising.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    01-03-2016 12:15 PM