Does anyone feel unsafe wearing the Apple Watch?

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
More worried about my phone then my watch but my phone was already been stolen once when I was followed from the sub stop to my block (years ago). Luckily they didn't care too much about hurting me once they had the phone.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Not at all. Before my Apple Watch, my daily wear watch was worth far more and I used that every day. I have a number of other watches ranging up to about $10,000 and wearing them doesn't worry me either.

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
The question is flawed. Those who can afford an Apple Watch have the disposable income for one . Therefore they probably live and play in places that tend to also be middle class and safe.

The reason I didn't get one was because I I was traveling to Brazil, known for its pick pockets and tourist mugging. So that's why I didn't get one. It would make me more of a target wearing something expensive. Not just the Apple Watch of course.

People who travel (and travel to poorer areas or unknown areas) usually make sure they aren't flashing their cash and expensive jewelry around when traveling. It's common sense.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I get that iMore, AC etc want to allow people to ask quick questions without having to make an account, but I think about 90% of these guests are just asking stupid questions just to troll / try to be funny.
Why on earth would you feel unsafe wearing an apple watch. and if you were afraid, why the heck would you buy one in the first place....
I smell .....

Agreed.

dezee38

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
The question is flawed. Those who can afford an Apple Watch have the disposable income for one . Therefore they probably live and play in places that tend to also be middle class and safe.

The reason I didn't get one was because I I was traveling to Brazil, known for its pick pockets and tourist mugging. So that's why I didn't get one. It would make me more of a target wearing something expensive. Not just the Apple Watch of course.

People who travel (and travel to poorer areas or unknown areas) usually make sure they aren't flashing their cash and expensive jewelry around when traveling. It's common sense.

So u didn't buy a watch because u were traveling? I don't understand. So u couldn't buy the watch, enjoy it, and just not travel with it? Are u now home? Do u have one now? Sorry, jus can't understand traveling being a reason for not making the purchase. Please tell me if I'm missing something.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

People, in general, whether traveling or not, don't usually go around flashing their cash and expensive items. The Watch, as I see it, is not a piece of jewelry (excluding the ones targeted to celebrities), but an extension of the iPhone that doubles as a watch...:)

whyknot757

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I think if you look at what the lady is asking concerns a Country that has cities not unlike some everywhere in this world! As a pilot who traveled to many places in Brazal, I would not wear anything of value on the streets of Sao Paulo. And my Brazalian wife, who has lived there most of her life feels the same about the major cities!

Larry Cook1

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I have had mine since August and wear it everyday. Have never felt unsafe and haven't even thought about it. Seems it would be easier to steal a phone than a watch.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
I think its interesting that this was brought up. When I first got my watch, a few months ago, one of my friends asked me if I was going to wear it when I went to New York for the week. I looked at him like he was crazy. Of course I'm going to wear my watch. Like other have said, if you're using a new iPhone that thing could cost close to $1,000...whats the difference?

loveseyecandy

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
On the beginning like 3 month ago I did feel very worried bout the sports model that I have. But I had it now for almost 3 month and just love it, I even have thinner bands on it from moko on Amazon also a case and glass protection, but I just feel better having all that on there plus it's fun to change everything out to different colors!
Here is mine
f1684e3265c2d669e63b03f1654e2eb0.jpg
d5aa6b4b313096f9759f4a619c294b2b.jpg

Hope this helps❗

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
So u didn't buy a watch because u were traveling? I don't understand. So u couldn't buy the watch, enjoy it, and just not travel with it? Are u now home? Do u have one now? Sorry, jus can't understand traveling being a reason for not making the purchase. Please tell me if I'm missing something.

One of the only reasons I was considering a watch was for travel. I liked the idea of getting flight and gate information on my watch, along with weather and etc. So I was going to get it for my trip but then decided against it because of the reasons I listed.

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
People, in general, whether traveling or not, don't usually go around flashing their cash and expensive items. The Watch, as I see it, is not a piece of jewelry (excluding the ones targeted to celebrities), but an extension of the iPhone that doubles as a watch...:)

But it's an expensive item worn on the wrist in plain view. I agree with not flashing money and expensive items when traveling. That's why I tend to keep my phone out of sight in iffy areas. You can always just wear a long sleeve shirt I suppose to cover the watch. I just didn't feel like adding it my list of things to keep an eye on when I traveled.