Tempered Glass SP?

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Is anybody using a tempered glass screen protector on their Apple Watches? If so...what kind, and what's your experience with fit & durability?

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I'd also like to know this. I realise that many people using the standard Apple Watch with the Sapphire glass probably aren't using a screen protector but the Ion-X of the Sport scratches slightly easier, so I guess this more applies to Sport owners.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Me too...but most, if not all of my watches have sapphire crystals. The Sport AW model's screen is more apt to collect damage.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
My daily driver is a Citizen Eco-Drive Titanium. The metal itself is obviously utterly unmarked but the screen is heavily scratched.

I've been wearing a watch daily ever since I was a child nearly forty years ago and all the rest of my expensive watches (Breitling, TAG, Omega and Rolex) are in perfect condition as they are used much less frequently and never in circumstances that my daily watch is subjected to. The Apple Watch I see is more of a replacement for my daily driver so I expect it to get pretty beaten up especially as even the stainless steel variant will be more prone to damage than my current daily watch. Because of this, I want to take care of it, hence a screen protector and maybe a case, to ensure the longevity of the device.

*shrug* Horses for courses.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods