Apple Watch 2 Rumor

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
If the rumors are true, Apple's next big reveal will happen in March. 9to5Mac reports that Cupertino is planning to pull the wraps off of the Apple Watch 2 at the event, which would be the second consecutive year the company held a product announcement in that month. Details are scarce on version 2.0 of the company's smart watch for now, but reports suggest that Apple has a new camera, wireless connectivity, revamped sleep tracking and upgraded health sensor tech in the works for the device. Bands with built-in senors are also rumored to be on the way and the report says that the Watch 2 will go on sale in April.

Link to article at Engadget

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm thoroughly enjoying my current Watch, and it will take some serious wow factors to get me to switch to the new one when it is released. I mean the current  Watch fits "my" needs perfectly.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
I got one during Black Friday at target. Currently really debating whether to return it and wait for this new one in several short months. Really don't know which way I want to go right now

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I think if the new watch had more fitness features and actual sleep tracking then it would be on par with current fitness trackers.

EpicInUtah

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
The Apple watch isn't a fitness tracker though...I'll keep mine and likely sell it and purchase the 2 when it comes out w/ those proceeds.

duncanator

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Exactly why I returned it. I was hoping that I could get a smartwatch with decent fitness tracking. I found it really lacking and thought the third-party apps pretty terrible. I am back to wearing my MS Band and will wait for the next Apple Watch.

NinerJet9

May 16, 2013
Visit site
'Revamped' sleep tracking? We don't have any native sleep tracking... I'm pretty satisfied w my AW (even for fitness) minus the sleep tracking. I downloaded sleep++ but that is a very weak app compared to a Fitbit or MS Band sleep tracking. I hope they update the V.1 w a native sleep tracking feature.

For me to get excited for V2 I need to hear independent GPS, enhanced/strengthened Bluetooth signal (mine cuts in and out while running) and a longer lasting battery in a slimmer case.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I think the current watch works well enough for seeing alerts/notifications, quick replies, fitness tracking via the Activities features, and taking calls. This last part for me works well on bike rides, and allows me to safely pull over and take a call without having to take out phone from the CamelBak.

I'm with Just_Me_D on this one. Need to see what a new watch brings to determine if it would be worth the expense compared to what the 1st generation watch with OS 2.1 can do. I've tried Android Wear, (Sony Smartwatch) Tizen (Gear), and the Apple Watch (AW). In my experience and for my overall use/workflow, the AW is the best of those three.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I want a sensor for uv exposure and much snappier apps.

I quoted earlier about IFTTT but was messing with Carrot Weather and the compilation will show UV:
35bcbddcfff4352dffc5dc7eff030458.jpg

mush10

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
If it doesn't have GPS I won't be buying round 2. Would like to see something more similar to the Gear S2 3G in terms of features. Give me something can take running and leave the phone at home.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
How often do you use it? I was surprised to read this the other day on CNET Why some Apple Watch owners don't like the device - CNET because I always thought it looked cool, even if it is a little unnecessary. Not sure how they'll sway peoples opinions with the next version.

The Apple Watch is by far the most "personal"...and polarizing device Apple has ever released. Some love it, some dislike it, and the vast majority of people I've spoken to just say "meh". I got a great deal on a 42mm Sport less than a week ago, and wound up selling mine (without losing a cent) only after a couple of days. Why? Although I certainly appreciate the coolness factor, and I thought the hardware build was Apple-amazing...it just didn't do anything for me. Perhaps if I had found a need for it like all the other Apple devices I own, then I would have kept it. I don't know...

I am curious about the G2 & G3 offerings though. If it can grab my attention by offering a larger array of useful functions...if it can do something more than simply (to me) being an extension of my iPhone, and give me notifications of every message I receive...I'd be open to giving another go.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Depends for me, if new features/upgrades justifies getting a new AW, then I'm all for it. Else, it'll just be the current one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox