If the rumors are true, Apple's next big reveal will happen in March. 9to5Mac reports that Cupertino is planning to pull the wraps off of the Apple Watch 2 at the event, which would be the second consecutive year the company held a product announcement in that month. Details are scarce on version 2.0 of the company's smart watch for now, but reports suggest that Apple has a new camera, wireless connectivity, revamped sleep tracking and upgraded health sensor tech in the works for the device. Bands with built-in senors are also rumored to be on the way and the report says that the Watch 2 will go on sale in April.

Link to article at Engadget
    12-08-2015 04:40 PM
    12-08-2015 04:52 PM
    Yawn....my Watch is sitting in the drawer now. Could care less about v.2
    12-08-2015 10:28 PM
    I want a sensor for uv exposure and much snappier apps.
    12-09-2015 05:34 AM
    How often do you use it? I was surprised to read this the other day on CNET Why some Apple Watch owners don't like the device - CNET because I always thought it looked cool, even if it is a little unnecessary. Not sure how they'll sway peoples opinions with the next version.
    12-09-2015 05:54 PM
    I'm thoroughly enjoying my current Watch, and it will take some serious wow factors to get me to switch to the new one when it is released. I mean the current  Watch fits "my" needs perfectly.
    12-09-2015 06:21 PM
    I bought one 3 weeks ago and returned it today. Didn't do it for me and I ended up only using it to check the time.
    12-09-2015 10:47 PM
    I got one during Black Friday at target. Currently really debating whether to return it and wait for this new one in several short months. Really don't know which way I want to go right now
    12-10-2015 03:49 AM
    I use my Fitbit more than I use my Apple Watch at this point..
    runner7395 likes this.
    12-10-2015 04:20 PM
    I think if the new watch had more fitness features and actual sleep tracking then it would be on par with current fitness trackers.
    12-10-2015 05:07 PM
    The Apple watch isn't a fitness tracker though...I'll keep mine and likely sell it and purchase the 2 when it comes out w/ those proceeds.
    12-10-2015 11:45 PM
    Exactly why I returned it. I was hoping that I could get a smartwatch with decent fitness tracking. I found it really lacking and thought the third-party apps pretty terrible. I am back to wearing my MS Band and will wait for the next Apple Watch.
    12-11-2015 11:23 AM
    I use the alerts in IFTTT (now IF) for UV since before the watch came out:

IF by IFTTT by IFTTT
    https://appsto.re/us/7BtzN.i

Doesn't tell you the index real time but does alert if it's elevated.
    Last edited by robertk328; 12-17-2015 at 07:18 PM.
    12-11-2015 07:16 PM
    'Revamped' sleep tracking? We don't have any native sleep tracking... I'm pretty satisfied w my AW (even for fitness) minus the sleep tracking. I downloaded sleep++ but that is a very weak app compared to a Fitbit or MS Band sleep tracking. I hope they update the V.1 w a native sleep tracking feature.

For me to get excited for V2 I need to hear independent GPS, enhanced/strengthened Bluetooth signal (mine cuts in and out while running) and a longer lasting battery in a slimmer case.
    12-12-2015 09:29 PM
    I'll keep using my Apple Watch Sport, I could maybe pick up the 3rd generation in 2017-18?
    12-15-2015 12:34 AM
    I think the current watch works well enough for seeing alerts/notifications, quick replies, fitness tracking via the Activities features, and taking calls. This last part for me works well on bike rides, and allows me to safely pull over and take a call without having to take out phone from the CamelBak.

I'm with Just_Me_D on this one. Need to see what a new watch brings to determine if it would be worth the expense compared to what the 1st generation watch with OS 2.1 can do. I've tried Android Wear, (Sony Smartwatch) Tizen (Gear), and the Apple Watch (AW). In my experience and for my overall use/workflow, the AW is the best of those three.
    12-15-2015 07:43 AM
    I quoted earlier about IFTTT but was messing with Carrot Weather and the compilation will show UV:
    12-18-2015 06:58 AM
    If it doesn't have GPS I won't be buying round 2. Would like to see something more similar to the Gear S2 3G in terms of features. Give me something can take running and leave the phone at home.
    12-19-2015 08:24 PM
    How often do you use it? I was surprised to read this the other day on CNET Why some Apple Watch owners don't like the device - CNET because I always thought it looked cool, even if it is a little unnecessary. Not sure how they'll sway peoples opinions with the next version.
    The Apple Watch is by far the most "personal"...and polarizing device Apple has ever released. Some love it, some dislike it, and the vast majority of people I've spoken to just say "meh". I got a great deal on a 42mm Sport less than a week ago, and wound up selling mine (without losing a cent) only after a couple of days. Why? Although I certainly appreciate the coolness factor, and I thought the hardware build was Apple-amazing...it just didn't do anything for me. Perhaps if I had found a need for it like all the other Apple devices I own, then I would have kept it. I don't know...

I am curious about the G2 & G3 offerings though. If it can grab my attention by offering a larger array of useful functions...if it can do something more than simply (to me) being an extension of my iPhone, and give me notifications of every message I receive...I'd be open to giving another go.
    12-22-2015 04:22 PM
    Depends for me, if new features/upgrades justifies getting a new AW, then I'm all for it. Else, it'll just be the current one.
    12-23-2015 11:11 AM
    It's obvious not everyone will like it that's the way the world works. I think some people expect too much from it and set themselves up for disappointment before they even buy it. A person might say for the price all I do is check the time. Think about the very first iPhone. Sure it had a touch screen but there was no App Store. So people paid a lot of money to use it mostly as a phone. In 7 years lets see how different the Apple Watch is at that point.
    Algus and Snoweagle like this.
    12-25-2015 02:11 PM
    I think the main thing I use my watch for is checking messages and emails at work without having to pul my phone out of my pocket. If the only major things that are revamped are the fitness options, I'll definitely be hanging onto my generation one Watch for awhile.

If these things finally take off after Gen 2 or 3, then mine might become a collectable!
    12-25-2015 06:28 PM
    My Apple Watch is working fine for my needs. I use it for customized notifications, quick phone calls to the restaurant for reservations, weather, news alerts, daily workouts, lighting control around my house (HomeKit devices work with Siri on the Apple Watch. Some apps have a watch extension to allow manual lighting control on the watch), and of course checking emails from my VIP flagged friends and businesses (and leaving the rest to check on the iPhone later), and text messages. My iPhone spends most of the day sitting in its charging dock.

For version 2, it will take more than a minor speed bump, or a brighter daylight screen, to get me to upgrade. I'd also expect a better battery life (although I currently get ~20-25 hours with my normal usage daily), but even that wouldn't be enough for me to upgrade.

I find the poorest user experience for me is the very slow refresh rate between the watch and the iPhone when I open an app on the watch. For example, weather updates that refresh almost instantly on the iPhone can take many seconds on the watch. I'm not sure if that's a Bluetooth issue, or not. It's my understanding that the Watch will connect to the same WiFi network as the controlling iPhone. If that's the case, why would the watch app pull the data from the iPhone instead directly from the Internet? That sounds like a software issue, but it could also be a RAM (memory) issue. Solving that issue, if it required a hardware improvement, would definitely push me towards an upgrade.

Functionally, the Apple Watch is a great iPhone accessory for me.
    Snoweagle likes this.
    12-26-2015 02:34 AM
    Think about the very first iPhone. Sure it had a touch screen but there was no App Store. So people paid a lot of money to use it mostly as a phone. In 7 years lets see how different the Apple Watch is at that point.
    Didn't have the App Store but we still had google maps, Safari, email, etc.
    12-27-2015 08:04 PM