Future of Applewatch

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a hard time finding information on the build quality of the Apple Watch. I've heard that the Apple Watch was made of very cheap material and it is 95% profit for Apple. Any info would help, please.

What are the sources of your information? All mobile devices have gigantic markups, not just Apple's products and not just the Apple Watch. As far as build quality, the Sport model is made from anodized aluminum with ionized glass, the mid-level is made from stainless steel with sapphire crystal and the Edition is made from 18-karat gold with sapphire crystal. Not sure what's cheap about any of those.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
This argument is like the uproar over Target getting rid of the boys and girls toys signs... Colors are not tied to your genitalia. Gender roles are social constructs. People will find beauty in things and ways to wear the Apple Watch despite what is between their legs. As far as marketing (which is what actually tells you who it's geared towards) it seems to be fairly evenly split.

Then how are the other aesthetics brought up tied to gender? See post 8... If those are part of the logic, so must color. :) they are tendencies ... There are certainly those of both genders using colors "reserved" for the other but it's all personal preference. Plenty of women wear black and plenty of men wear the lighter pastel colors.

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Then how are the other aesthetics brought up tied to gender? See post 8... If those are part of the logic, so must color. :) they are tendencies ... There are certainly those of both genders using colors "reserved" for the other but it's all personal preference. Plenty of women wear black and plenty of men wear the lighter pastel colors.

They're tendencies because society tells us they are from birth.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
They're tendencies because society tells us they are from birth.

Right. So if you market to those tendencies you will hit some. But offer a variety and in a society where everyone can choose, it's win-win.

Are you saying you agree with the OP that the Apple Watch is essentially a watch for women that men like to wear or have we veered off course?

:)

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Right. So if you market to those tendencies you will hit some. But offer a variety and in a society where everyone can choose, it's win-win.

Are you saying you agree with the OP that the Apple Watch is essentially a watch for women that men like to wear or have we veered off course?

:)

I'm not agreeing with the OP lmao. I'm saying that the watch is fair game for everyone. I don't get the marketed to women thing at all.

Edit: also I'm home with the flu. I think what I was trying to say got lost in translation between my brain and my fingers.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm not agreeing with the OP lmao. I'm saying that the watch is fair game for everyone. I don't get the marketed to women thing at all.

Edit: also I'm home with the flu. I think what I was trying to say got lost in translation between my brain and my fingers.

Understood! feel better soon!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro