Apple Watch dictation not working, what should I do?

PondHockey

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Apple Watch dictation not working

Frustrating! Called Apple Care and they unpaired from backup and paired as new watch but still no dictation on both Siri and answering text messages. They informed me to go to an Apple store which I drove 2 hours and which point the genius performed the exact same procedures top no avail. Then they informed me it needs sent into a repair center and could not be exchanged on site.

Disappointed to say the least. I understand problems come up but to not be able to exchange in store is poor customer support! Especially when a phone support person sends me 2 hours to a store without explaining to me the possibility they would have to send in to Apple for repairs.

As a general note I have also had additional application software issues that probably are the fault of 3rd party developers that have created inconsistent performance of the watch.

I also notice unreliable bluetooth performance. Just a few rambling thoughts...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Apple Watch dictation not working

Common sense should have told you that it was possible that your Watch would need to be repaired, especially when you already knew it wasn't working right and sought assistance in the first place. The Genius didn't make you drive 2 hours. You made the decision to go to an Apple Store that was 2 hours away in an attempt to get your product fixed. Unfortunately, the Apple Store couldn't fix your product in the store nor could they do an exchange. It happens. The main thing is that your Watch will be sent out and either repaired or replaced and that's the ultimate goal, isn't it?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Sorry to hear about your Apple Watch!

Do you have AppleCare+ for it? If so contact them by phone and have them send a box and a new one. I've seen lots of people do it this way rather than have the store send it. Apple sends you a replacement and you send yours back to them in a provided box which keeps you from having to be without it for a longer period of time.

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site

Sorry to hear about your Apple Watch!

Do you have AppleCare+ for it? If so contact them by phone and have them send a box and a new one. I've seen lots of people do it this way rather than have the store send it. Apple sends you a replacement and you send yours back to them in a provided box which keeps you from having to be without it for a longer period of time.

Just be aware, if you elect an exchange, Apple will place a hold for the full value of the watch (plus tax) on your credit card until they get the defective watch back.

PondHockey

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for your help. Apple did replace my watch. Kind of a bummer process but it is replaced and back to working. Love the watch again!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox