Longest Run to Date with my Apple Watch

runner7395

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
This has been my longest run to date since I've had the watch, a 20 miler. Ended the run with 52% battery left so that's pretty good. I did have my phone with me so it was better able to accurately log the distance. I also ran with my main running watch, a Garmin Fenix 3. After 20 miles they were only .2 off from one another which is incredible. All in all, I'm pretty happy with the way it handled the long run but I've been running with Garmin watches for years so I will sticking with Garmin too. Looks like I will be wearing 2 watches during my runs for the foreseeable future.

Hopefully this won't be the longest run with it for long, scheduled for 23 miler next weekend!

Cheers :beer: & happy running!

Attachments

• IMG_0648.jpg
    IMG_0648.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 29

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations, and well-done...:)....Unfortunately, my days of running for long periods are over. My bones pop and crack just running around the corner...(laughing).

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Very cool! Congrats on the hard work :)

I need to get back to running, but have been having an issue with my knee. Hopefully it resolves soon :)

runner7395

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Congratulations, and well-done...:)....Unfortunately, my days of running for long periods are over. My bones pop and crack just running around the corner...(laughing).

Very cool! Congrats on the hard work :)

I need to get back to running, but have been having an issue with my knee. Hopefully it resolves soon :)

I know what both you mean, I thought my running days were over. I took 1 1/2 years off from running because of both my hips were really hurting. I've eased back into it hoping to do one more marathon, looks like I might just make it. There is always hope, I'm 50 years old!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I know what both you mean, I thought my running days were over. I took 1 1/2 years off from running because of both my hips were really hurting. I've eased back into it hoping to do one more marathon, looks like I might just make it. There is always hope, I'm 50 years old!

I applaud you, my friend. I'm 52. I've always been a runner and attribute it to keeping me slim all of these years. The sins of my youth and years of wearing flat Chuck Taylor Converse sneakers back in the day have caught up to me...(laughing)....Seriously though, it's just a matter of time before I'm back out there running, but I know for a fact that it won't be 20 miles...:)

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
3AM, 20 mile runs? I salute you. Not only would I die running 20 miles (most I've ever done nonstop was 5 miles) but at 3AM I'm generally knocked out cold, snoring the night away.

runner7395

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
3AM, 20 mile runs? I salute you. Not only would I die running 20 miles (most I've ever done nonstop was 5 miles) but at 3AM I'm generally knocked out cold, snoring the night away.

I'm a morning person and normally get up at 3 to work out before work but that day my son had a games all day so I needed to get it in before hand. Nothing like getting up at 2am on a Saturday to go run!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Not quite 50 but feel like it sometimes

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Congrats! I'm a runner myself (did Marine Corps Marathon & NYC Marathon in the same week awhile back) and have been considering the Watch after seeing my Microsoft Band start to wear out. The lack of onboard GPS on the Watch has been my biggest reason not to buy it, but it sounds like you have had good luck with the measurements. Maybe I'll reconsider. ��

runner7395

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Congrats! I'm a runner myself (did Marine Corps Marathon & NYC Marathon in the same week awhile back) and have been considering the Watch after seeing my Microsoft Band start to wear out. The lack of onboard GPS on the Watch has been my biggest reason not to buy it, but it sounds like you have had good luck with the measurements. Maybe I'll reconsider. ��

The MCM was my first marathon, loved/hated it, you know what I mean! I'm wondering if the Apple Watch 2 will have GPS, might be better to wait at this point but who knows. I

duncanator

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
You should check out the MS Band 2 as it is so much better than the first. I had the Band 1 since it came out and wore it every day, despite the fact that it was more or a handcuff than a band. My Band 2 was great...until it died last week. Not having my size in stock, I decided to try the apple watch. I'm still not sold on it, but thought I should see what the fuss was about. I do like responding to notifications with Siri, but for fitness, it's just ok.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen