Is there anything u don't like bout ur watch yet?

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Does the Alert Volume setting affect the speaker volume for calls as well as alerts? And if so, do you have that at max volume? I ask because the volume for both calls and alerts seems plenty loud to me.

duncanator

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
My new MS Band 2 just decided to quit working and when I returned it, they didn't have my size. So, since I had a free wrist, I decided to pick up the apple watch. I'm still figuring it out, but right now there are several things I don't like about it.

1. Have a sleep mode where it will track my sleep and keep the screen off when I'm sleeping. This was something that the MS band did well.
2. Have better built-in functionality for activities like weightlifting. It might be there and there are apps that do it, but it's not easy to use.

I do find the watch to be very comfortable, but just not too useful yet. I did like that I could set a reminder and alarm using Siri, so that was nice. I'm still very new to it and hope these issues are just due to the fact that I don't know they are there.

NinerJet9

May 16, 2013
Visit site
1) Bluetooth to headset range is weak. For example, when I'm running the signal will cut in and out especially if I'm using the health app to track the run.

2) No built in sleep app. I use Sleep++ as an okay alternative which I'm sure will improve over time. However, I really liked the MS Band sleep monitoring and metrics.

3) I really like the FitBit social aspect of taunts, challenges and sharing exercise goals. The AW will let you send your fitness goals which are indicated by the round circles. When you share those circles, they say absolutely nothing because it doesn't define what they mean.

4) GPS would have been nice but the estimated distance seems to be 'reasonably' accurate.

Those are my biggest gripes. I like it for the most part.

NinerJet9

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Forgot to add. The alarm function is inconsistent. I have it set to vibrate w strong haptic feedback. Sometimes when the alarm is triggered it will only vibrate one time when it's supposed to continually vibrate until i turn it off. If I'm in a deep sleep, i could easily miss the alarm. That's a bigger issue for obvious reasons.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Watch since May 4th (I think) and the only thing I dislike about it is the fact that I cannot delete all of my text messages at once. That's more of a WatchOS thing than the watch itself.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Watch since May 4th (I think) and the only thing I dislike about it is the fact that I cannot delete all of my text messages at once. That's more of a WatchOS thing than the watch itself.

All notifications pretty much. If there was a way to clear them all vs one by one that would be awesome. I don't have much pushed to the watch but sometimes it can be several that need to be cleared.

dcober

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
I have to ping my iPhone from my watch multiple times per day. I'm pretty forgetful. I've learned the pinging is a hit or miss. Half the time my iPhone won't chime when I ping even when it's connected by Bluetooth.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
All notifications pretty much. If there was a way to clear them all vs one by one that would be awesome. I don't have much pushed to the watch but sometimes it can be several that need to be cleared.

Are you referring to clearing all notifications ? You can swipe down so the list of notifications show then do a hard press and you can clear all

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
To me apps loading and even hey Siri is slow to the point taking my phone out seems faster but I haven't rebooted my watch in a while so maybe that will help idk

Jake Malone

May 24, 2015
Visit site
I don't get this. I wear the watch 16 hours every day. I am very active and use the watch for everything I can. I can routinely go two days on a single charge.