How Many of You Shower or Expose Apple Watch to Liquid Regularly?

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I just want to satisfy my curiousity on this one.
How many of you regularly shower with your watch or expose it to other liquid? Why do you or don't you? If so, do you have any issues?

Personally the only liquid mine gets exposed to is sweat from working out. Never been concerned about it. I always make sure to wipe the sweat off afterwards. No showers or pools for my watch yet, though.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I do not shower with my Watch nor do I swim with it or subject it to water except to clean my sport band. The Watch is water-resistant to a certain degree, but it is NOT waterproof.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I have showered with mine daily since I first received it, back in June or July. Don't remember exactly when but it was as soon as possible after the release. No problems.

cessex

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I sometimes shower with mine. It just depends my my paranoid "I'm going to break my watch mood for the day." With that said...I've never had any issues with mine!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I wore mine swimming a few times this summer and it gets pretty sweaty when I run. No problems.

I've gone on runs with my Watch, and I sweat on occasion at work with it, but that's not the same a submerging it in water or standing in rain and allowing water to get the opportunity to penetrate opening and seals. At some point, under the aforementioned circumstances, the Watch will be affected, in my *opinion*.

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I'd love to be able to have a totally waterproof watch. I'd love to trust my current one to take any water exposure but I just can't pull the trigger.

twinlight

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I have never taken it into the shower but I do rinse it off after workouts and I do get water on it occasionally at work.

Once I got soda on it and the crown was not working well so I put the watch under warm water and turned the crown. Buttery smooth again!

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I know it's water resistant but I'm still afraid to get mine even a little wet. Lol

It's good to know that some of you are showering and swimming with it, and it's holding up ok.

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to talk my girlfriend into getting one. She says the biggest caveat is that it isn't waterproof. Evidence seems to suggest otherwise. I've yet to encounter someone who has ruined theirs.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I've gotten used to taking off my Fitbit Charge HR to shower, and since I'll be charging the watch each night I don't see myself showering with it.

That said, if it gets extra dirty I guess it'd be ok but close proximity to all that tile makes me nervous ;) Good to know it can handle it, though!

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Shower with mine occasionally after a run or workout when I can feel how sweaty it is and also rinse it off when washing my hands if it looks at all dirty. No problems at all. I do always take it off when I go swimming.

rws381

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Shower with mine occasionally after a run or workout when I can feel how sweaty it is and also rinse it off when washing my hands if it looks at all dirty. No problems at all. I do always take it off when I go swimming.

Same here. I take it off most of the time but tend to leave it on sometimes after a good workout.

Have jumped in the pool with it a couple of times but usually take it off for that too. Don't want to push the limits too far.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Apple Watch has an IPX7 designation, which means it is rated to withstand immersion in water up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes. As I interpret that, showering, washing/rinsing, and even swimming should be safe. When I swim I definitely don't have the watch in over 1 meter of water.

malt1977

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I'd not wear mine in the shower, I've never worn a watch in the shower and don't intend to start, I would however occasionally get caught in the rain while on a run. I assume this is safe?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711