Screen protector on watch

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I wonder how many of the folks above are using a Sport vs a Regular Apple Watch?

I wear a watch every day and most of my daily drivers are pretty beat up. I don't want my Apple Watch to suffer the same fate, so a screen protector will go on the device on day one I think.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I had not worn a watch in years. When I did wear a watch back in my younger day, they were usually inexpensive. A little better than Timex, but not much. Those screens back then would not have held up as the Watch screen does. Even so, I never scratched or did damage to any of them. So I figure I'll be fine without a screen protector on the Watch. If I thought I needed a screen protector for the Watch, I just wouldn't use it. But that's me and my lifestyle. Retired homebody! Lol

ultravisitor

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Never in 30+ years of watch wearing have I even considered using a screen protector on a watch.

I'm sure as hell not going to start now.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I did on the Sport before I traded it in on the SS. Tried on the SS before I gave up with the peeling corners (didn't encounter that with the sport!). I was nervous at first but it's been fine after over a month without it.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
im not making fun of anyone for reasons or opinions but i do think the comments like i have never wore screen protector on my watch for ( x amount of yeas ) im pretty sure touch screen smart watches didnt exist 10-40 years ago

Soapm

May 26, 2015
Visit site
I took an old coffee can lid and a couple of rubber bands and made me a screen protector, but it kept cutting the back of my hand so I stopped wearing the watch... I'm saving up for a new pair of shoes, I figure the shoe box top will make a better screen protector...

Soapm

May 26, 2015
Visit site
im not making fun of anyone for reasons or opinions but i do think the comments like i have never wore screen protector on my watch for ( x amount of yeas ) im pretty sure touch screen smart watches didnt exist 10-40 years ago

Not true, I had a watch 40 years ago that was able to tell time...

bed269

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I use a screen protector since I work in a CNC machine shop. My hands usually have some kind of dirt or grit on them at all times.
I don't use a case though. And the watch as far as I can tell doesn't have a scratch yet.

gilligan793

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I had a similar problem with my screen protectors. I finally stopped caring and took it off. Caused more annoyance than what it was worth. So I purchased a case that had a built in screen protector for the times I might need it (working outside, hiking, ect.)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar problem with my screen protectors. I finally stopped caring and took it off. Caused more annoyance than what it was worth. So I purchased a case that had a built in screen protector for the times I might need it (working outside, hiking, ect.)

Pretty much. The rounded edges are not conducive to keeping a protector on there. Been fine without!

doc16mom

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
No screen protector or case. I bought them and ended up not liking them. I love the clean lines of the watch and I find the cases take away from the design.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
No screen protector or case. I bought them and ended up not liking them. I love the clean lines of the watch and I find the cases take away from the design.

I totally agree. I have a case that I got for free months ago and haven't used it once. Although it's made by Apple it's still a watch. I've worn watches daily for years and haven't felt the need to cover it with a case.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73