No screen protector here
    12-28-2015 12:33 AM
    im not making fun of anyone for reasons or opinions but i do think the comments like i have never wore screen protector on my watch for ( x amount of yeas ) im pretty sure touch screen smart watches didnt exist 10-40 years ago
    12-28-2015 12:46 AM
    I took an old coffee can lid and a couple of rubber bands and made me a screen protector, but it kept cutting the back of my hand so I stopped wearing the watch... I'm saving up for a new pair of shoes, I figure the shoe box top will make a better screen protector...
    12-28-2015 01:02 AM
    im not making fun of anyone for reasons or opinions but i do think the comments like i have never wore screen protector on my watch for ( x amount of yeas ) im pretty sure touch screen smart watches didnt exist 10-40 years ago
    Not true, I had a watch 40 years ago that was able to tell time...
    12-28-2015 01:03 AM
    Not true, I had a watch 40 years ago that was able to tell time...
    Post I said mentioned touch screen smart watches.
    12-28-2015 01:05 AM
    Post I said mentioned touch screen smart watches.
    Exactly, and one I had showed the day and date... And you didn't have to charge it at night, just wind it up... Now that's a smart watch...
    12-28-2015 03:06 AM
    Exactly, and one I had showed the day and date... And you didn't have to charge it at night, just wind it up... Now that's a smart watch...
    I'm not even gonna respond to that except say ok fine but don't ever call ur phone a smart phone then
    12-28-2015 03:10 AM
    How's it holding up without the screen protector ? Considering removing mine and just opting to get AppleCare in the event something happens.
    I found one screen protector glass version and it's great stays on there
    01-23-2016 02:54 AM
    Here's my 42mm  Sport Watch with a screen protector, case, and a great watchband from CaseMate.

Screen protector on watch-imoreappimg_20160227_125240.jpg
    02-27-2016 12:52 PM
    I use a screen protector since I work in a CNC machine shop. My hands usually have some kind of dirt or grit on them at all times.
    I don't use a case though. And the watch as far as I can tell doesn't have a scratch yet.
    02-27-2016 01:35 PM
    where did you get that protector from?
    03-11-2016 01:39 PM
    I had a similar problem with my screen protectors. I finally stopped caring and took it off. Caused more annoyance than what it was worth. So I purchased a case that had a built in screen protector for the times I might need it (working outside, hiking, ect.)
    03-16-2016 08:37 AM
    I had a similar problem with my screen protectors. I finally stopped caring and took it off. Caused more annoyance than what it was worth. So I purchased a case that had a built in screen protector for the times I might need it (working outside, hiking, ect.)
    Pretty much. The rounded edges are not conducive to keeping a protector on there. Been fine without!
    03-26-2016 07:12 AM
    No screen protector or case. I bought them and ended up not liking them. I love the clean lines of the watch and I find the cases take away from the design.
    mrs_johnson7 likes this.
    03-29-2016 06:30 AM
    No screen protector or case. I bought them and ended up not liking them. I love the clean lines of the watch and I find the cases take away from the design.
    I totally agree. I have a case that I got for free months ago and haven't used it once. Although it's made by Apple it's still a watch. I've worn watches daily for years and haven't felt the need to cover it with a case.
    03-29-2016 06:50 AM
    I totally agree. I have a case that I got for free months ago and haven't used it once. Although it's made by Apple it's still a watch. I've worn watches daily for years and haven't felt the need to cover it with a case.
    I help with coaching t-ball and will be putting it on to protect the watch while I'm out there. Those kids are crazy.

Screen protector on watch-bad-news-bears.jpg
    Sherry_B and anon(153966) like this.
    03-29-2016 07:36 AM
    What difference does it make that touchscreen smartwatches didn't exist a long time ago? Traditional watches still have crystals that are just as exposed and touchable as smartwatch crystals. Do you think that people are putting screen protectors on their smartwatches because they're afraid they might scratch it while they touch it or because they're afraid they might scratch it if it accidentally falls or bumps against something?

Guess what? A traditional watch can also accidentally fall or bump against something.

So yeah, I still think it's asinine to use a screen protector on a smartwatch when I've been wearing watches for most of my life--some far more expensive than the Apple Watch--without ever needing a screen protector.
    sunnysideup22125 likes this.
    04-09-2016 02:43 PM
    I tried using one, since my ion glass is fairly shatter proof but not as scratch resistant as the quartz. Yet, I found it to be problematic, and eventually it just fell off. I got it installed at a mall kiosk, so you would think the quality of the installation would be high.
    04-11-2016 06:11 AM
    I tried using one, since my ion glass is fairly shatter proof but not as scratch resistant as the quartz. Yet, I found it to be problematic, and eventually it just fell off. I got it installed at a mall kiosk, so you would think the quality of the installation would be high.
    The rounded edges of the screen make adhering difficult. If you could get a hardened protector that was already round to the shape of the screen, you'd be better off but I don't know that there is one. Only hardened I've seen sit on top and don't go over the edges at all.
    04-11-2016 06:56 AM
    The rounded edges of the screen make adhering difficult.
    And that's where it failed to be honest. At this point of owning it for about 8 months. I think I'll just live with it naked, so far its been scratch free - of course I just jinxed myself.
    mumfoau likes this.
    04-11-2016 07:34 AM
    And that's where it failed to be honest. At this point of owning it for about 8 months. I think I'll just live with it naked, so far its been scratch free - of course I just jinxed myself.
    The majority are going to fail around the edges, unfortunately. You don't have to wrap it in bubble wrap to keep it scratch-free, just be mindful of what you're doing and you'll be fine
    04-11-2016 03:07 PM
    When I got my first Android watch about a year ago, I hadn't worn a watch since my first flip phone in the early '90's. TWO days later a caught the edge of a door (no case or screen protector), dented the case and cracked the screen.

Now that I'm using an iPhone and Apple Watch (only 2 1/2 weeks after 8 years with Android) I'm not taking any chances. I did get Apple Care on my watch but also got a case and screen protector.

Screen protector on watch-img_0145.jpg
    04-20-2016 12:17 AM
    When I got my first Android watch about a year ago, I hadn't worn a watch since my first flip phone in the early '90's. TWO days later a caught the edge of a door (no case or screen protector), dented the case and cracked the screen.

Now that I'm using an iPhone and Apple Watch (only 2 1/2 weeks after 8 years with Android) I'm not taking any chances. I did get Apple Care on my watch but also got a case and screen protector.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0145.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	570.4 KB 
ID:	105493
    Looks like the screen protector doesn't go over the edges, which will help with peeling Are you enjoying the iOS / Apple Watch experience so far?
    04-20-2016 05:53 AM
    Looks like the screen protector doesn't go over the edges, which will help with peeling Are you enjoying the iOS / Apple Watch experience so far?
    We'll that was the screen protector that came with the case.

Yes, extremely satisfied with my Android to Apple conversion. It was very painless. The only Google app I'm still using is the Photos app because it lets me backup my photos using LTE which the Apple photos app/setting doesn't seem to allow me to do. And with an unlimited Tmobile plan, I feel better that my photos are uploaded to the cloud instantly now rather then waiting for a wifi connection.
    04-20-2016 11:39 AM
    Don't have a watch, but given my history in destroying many watches, or having the crystals replaced, I'd have to have a screen protector.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    04-20-2016 12:04 PM
54 123