WatchOS 2.0.1

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
This update contains new emoji characters, performance improvements, and bug fixes, including:

- Fixes an issue that could cause software updates to stall
- Fixes issues that were impacting battery performance
- Resolves an issue that prevented a managed iPhone from syncing iOS Calendar events to Apple Watch
- Addresses an issue that could prevent location information from properly updating
- Fixes an issue that could cause Digital Touch to send from an email address instead of aphone number
- Addresses an issue that could cause instability when using a Live Photo as a watch face
- Resolves an issue that allows the sensors to stay on indefinitely when using Siri to measure heart rate

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
This update contains new emoji characters, performance improvements, and bug fixes, including:

- Fixes an issue that could cause software updates to stall
- Resolves an issue that prevented a managed iPhone from syncing iOS Calendar events to Apple Watch
- Addresses an issue that could prevent location information from properly updating
- Fixes an issue that could cause Digital Touch to send from an email address instead of aphone number
- Addresses an issue that could cause instability when using a Live Photo as a watch face
- Resolves an issue that allows the sensors to stay on indefinitely when using Siri to measure heart rate

Can't wait to update to this, I was having problems with Live Photos.

Sent from my Super iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

CrackOne

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
OS 2.01 is out

I have been having a terrible time with Outlook Calendars. They sync fine with my iPhone via iTunes, as they always have. But the calendar events do not transfer to the Watch. The OS update description indicates that update fixes Calendar issues. Has anyone yet downloaded the OS update? Does it really fix the Calendar issue?

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I've been having serious battery draining issues with complications after a couple of days. This update may resolve that. We'll see.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tip, John. I'll install it later this evening or sometime tomorrow when I do a clean install of iOS 9.1.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
"Fixes an issue that could cause Digital Touch to send from an email address instead of a phone number"

Well, didn't fix it for me or my wife.

CrackOne

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
The OS update did not fix my syncing problems. So, I performed clean installs (as brand new devices) on both my iPhone 6+ and Watch. Everything works fine, now.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The OS update did not fix my syncing problems. So, I performed clean installs (as brand new devices) on both my iPhone 6+ and Watch. Everything works fine, now.

I'm a big fan of setting up as new. Rarely do I have any problems with my devices, and I attribute it to the aforementioned.

RobtRoma

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

I've definitely noticed this. When 2.0 came out I started occasionally seeing the battery at just above 50% when I went to bed. Then it went back down to an average closer to 45%. Since the update, it seems to be constantly over 50%. Last night was 55%. I put the watch on at 8 am and took it off at 1:10 am. I also hit my exercise goal for the day (30 minutes, 630 cals, and 10k steps are the goals, I hit 43 min and 675 cals and 10,043 steps) so it wasn't like I was sitting around doing nothing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2