Making the Jump into Apple Watch

oldmanjenkins

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Making the jump into the Apple Watch this afternoon. I have read numerous reviews online from websites and some Youtube reviews, but I am looking for consumer perceptions/opinions of the Apple Watch and Apple Watch Sport. The reason I ask is the Black Band/Case in both the Sport and Watch edition I like. I searched the forums first for this question and did not find it. Other than build (screen, case, back) is:

1. Apple Watch worth the extra $ than the Sport?
2. Which one did you chose (and why)?
3. For those who purchased the Sport or Watch edition, what has your experience been?

Thank you for any comments regarding this.:yes:

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
1. Apple Watch worth the extra $ than the Sport? If the style and sapphire screen are important to you then yes it is worth the extra $$$
2. Which one did you chose (and why)? I have both, I got the Watch Sport first, but was always concerned about scratching the screen, so I picked up the Watch. I wear the Watch daily and lend out the Watch Sport for friends etc, that want to try it out before buying.
3. For those who purchased the Sport or Watch edition, what has your experience been? I have been a connected watch wearer since the Kickstarter Pebble. I love the Watch and can't imagine my day to day activity without it now.

oldmanjenkins

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Bamf-hacker, how has the durability with the case been on the Apple (non Sport) version? I have read reviews where they talk about the weight difference and how the Sport is lighter (due to material differences) than the Watch version and this "feels" more durable. Obviously this is a preference thing but I had the Huawei Android Wear and the Galaxy Gear S and Huawei (with metal and sapphire crystal display) was heavier and more robust for a more "natural" watch feel.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
The Sport is noticeably lighter, but not anything that makes a big difference. Personally I like the extra heft in the Watch vs. the Watch Sport.

laketide

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
I bought the sport and used for a week and realized I wanted to be able to dress it up more than I felt I could with the sport. I exchanged for the watch and have been very glad I have. The sport was lighter, but I don't mind the weight of the watch and I don't even notice it now that I have been wearing it for a while.

andrwstw

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
I got the space gray sport, mostly because of cost and it's first gen. I also liked the look of the space gray more than the silver. I wear it every day and have since the beginning of July when I got it, and I love the crap out of it. I wanted to get a "dressed up" version, so I got a black leather loop band. It looks very nice. In some ways, I wish that I had gotten a silver body because I think that most of the other bands look better with silver than they do with the space gray that I have. I'll definitely be ordering the next generation version in stainless steel.

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
What the heck are people doing with their watches? Rock climbing? Power lifting? Highland games?

I rock climb and practice martial arts with my Space Gray sport. No scratches on the body or screen yet. Though it may have something to do with my choice in 38mm instead of 42mm..