Hello!

I have my Apple Watch charger plugged into a Quirky Space Bar Desk Organizer. After upgrading to El Capitan last night, my Apple Watch chimes every minute to indicate it is 100% charged. The weird thing is, it only does this after my iMac goes into Sleep Mode.

Is anybody else experiencing this? Does anyone have any suggestions what might be causing this?

Thanks!
    10-14-2015 09:37 AM
    I wonder if there is a USB setting on the iMac for USB going to sleep mode. Sort of like how it is in Windows...
    OMMBoy likes this.
    10-14-2015 09:41 AM
    Since the Apple Watch chimes whenever it's plugged into power, perhaps the computer is cycling power to the USB port while the computer is asleep?

Make sure you're running the latest version of El Capitan MacOS X 10.11.
    Make sure Watch is running watchOS 2.
    If your USB accessory uses software from the manufacturer, make sure it's up to date.

If those don't work, try power cycling Watch by holding down power side button to shutdown watch, then restart by pressing it again until the  logo appears. If that doesn't work, try Force Restart (which will clear all Watch caches) by pressing Digital Crown and side button together until  logo appears.

I'd also be suspicious of the third party accessory. Try bypassing it by plugging watch charger directly into iMac USB port.

If all that doesn't work, try using Disk Utility to check your system to be sure it appears ok.
    OMMBoy likes this.
    10-14-2015 01:39 PM
    Thank you, ivantwilliams and Dave Marsh, for the excellent suggestions! I'm not sure why my Quirky Space Bar monitor stand suddenly started power cycling the USB ports immediately after upgrading to El Capitan (especially after running flawlessly for over a year), but I decided to plug the Apple Watch charger into the USB port on the back of my iMac per Dave's suggestion until I figure out the problem.

Thanks, again, for your suggestions!

Chris
    anon(153966) likes this.
    10-15-2015 11:19 PM