Hi!

Has anyone given the Apple Watch (in any of its forms) as a gift yet?

I just bought my second Apple Watch, a 42 mm Space Grey Sport with black sport band, for my dear ol' dad.

At first he was like No!! No that's too expensive you don't have to do that!

But I managed to convince him that I really wanted to do it and that I am capable of handling my finances at 40.

Then when I showed it to him we spent about 30 minutes with him asking How do I do this? How do I do that?

At the end I tried to show him the time travel feature and realized that the watch I bought didn't come with 2.0 installed so we stopped and put the watch down on it's charger so it could update and he told me all about his and my mom's trip to Branson MO where they watched ten different performances in eight days of their vacation (and they worry about me spending money)!

It was a lot of fun showing my dad how to set up and use his new toy, and it got me wondering if anybody else is out there spreading the Apple Watch love?
    10-13-2015 12:42 AM
    That was VER NICE and thoughtful of you, but more important was the the Quality time spent with DAD.
    I wish someone would buy me an Apple watch....SMILE
    I'm sure he will ENJOY it. Introduce him to iMore.
    JOSH_WH1TE and Microcosmos like this.
    10-13-2015 01:03 AM
    I'm going to get my sister an Apple Watch for Christmas, and I'm also looking forward to bonding over something cool. She's a teacher and a hiker/runner, so I think she'll love both the productivity and fitness elements.
    Microcosmos and Spencerdl like this.
    10-13-2015 09:25 AM
    Has anyone given the Apple Watch (in any of its forms) as a gift yet?
    No, but not from lack of trying. My wife told me she wanted a Fitbit. I tried and tried to convince her to get AW instead. But no, she bought a Fitbit and so far she's happy with it. Meanwhile, I still have no one to send heartbeats to.
    Microcosmos and Spencerdl like this.
    10-13-2015 02:22 PM
    No, but not from lack of trying. My wife told me she wanted a Fitbit. I tried and tried to convince her to get AW instead. But no, she bought a Fitbit and so far she's happy with it. Meanwhile, I still have no one to send heartbeats to.
    I have a solution...Buy me the AW instead and you can send all the heartbeats your HEART desires (no pun intended)....LOL...SMILE
    10-17-2015 12:47 AM
    I have a solution...Buy me the AW instead and you can send all the heartbeats your HEART desires (no pun intended)....LOL...SMILE
    I can make you a Apple Watch out of paper and send it to you.

Sent from my Super iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk
    10-17-2015 12:59 AM
    I got my watch 3 weeks ago from my husband he knew I been wanting one since they came out! But here is one question do u have to be near someone to send heartbeats too? But I don't know anyone who has an Apple Watch I want to try it so bad also the doodle do u have to be near someone?
    Microcosmos likes this.
    10-17-2015 02:32 AM
    You do not need to be near the person but they have to have an Apple Watch as well. You all also have to be in each other's friends circle on the watches.
    10-17-2015 10:44 AM
    I'll give that all the consideration it is due.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    10-17-2015 12:11 PM
    I'll give that all the consideration it is due.
    LOL
    10-17-2015 12:47 PM
    I'm getting one for my wife for Christmas.
    Microcosmos likes this.
    10-18-2015 12:19 PM
    I have been considering getting my girlfriend an Apple Watch (so she cant say she missed my texts.... Ha, just kidding. Sorta) The only downside is she has never really worn a watch and I don't know if the Apple Watch would make her start.
    Microcosmos likes this.
    10-20-2015 12:45 PM
    Received one 2 weeks ago for my brithday. My wife and boys all chipped in on a 38mm space gray with black band and I love it.
    Microcosmos likes this.
    10-22-2015 06:02 PM