I purchased a new Apple watch last Friday. We set it up in the store, downloading 2.0 and tweaking the settings. When I got home, I paired my American Express and Visa cards with the watch. (They were already associated with my iPhone Apple Pay.) Both loaded on to the watch fine. The next day, I noticed that all of the calendar events that were on my phone when we did the initial set-up, were on the watch. But, all newly entered calendar events, were not. So, I went back to the store and they fixed that for me. All calendar events now transfer over without a hitch. Because we refreshed both the watch and phone, I had to re-enter the two credit cards into Apple Pay. The Visa card install went fine. The American Express card installed on the iPhone, but when I tried to re-install it on the watch, I would always get a message stating "This card is already in your wallet." So, it is in my iPhone wallet, but not on the watch. Subsequently, I spent hours on the phone with Apple and American Express, trying to figure out what is going on. No one seems to know. The tech at the Apple store submitted an escalated service request from the Engineering Department in Cupertino and said that we should hear back in 3-4 days. BTW, we tried every possible combination of ways to get the American Express card back on the watch, but nothing has worked.

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?
    10-08-2015 08:42 AM
    Using the Watch app on your iPhone, go to the My Watch - Wallet & Apple Pay - Add Credit or Debit Card and then redo it. Make sure that "Mirror from iPhone" is checked.
    10-08-2015 08:51 AM
    I tried that and it did not work. The only thing that we can figure, is that somewhere there is an electronic tagging, that makes the watch think that the card is already in the watch's wallet. I don't know if that is happening on the watch, phone or in American Express' computer system. We re-set both the phone and watch. The customer representative at American removed the card from Apple Pay on their computer prior to re-entering the card, but nothing has worked. I guess there could be something physically wrong with the watch, but that seems unlikely.
    10-08-2015 09:05 AM
    Reset both devices how? By un-pairing?
    10-08-2015 09:12 AM
    Re-install software on both devices.
    10-08-2015 02:45 PM
    Interestingly, I found a post on the Apple.com Forum, indicting that several people are having similar issues with their Watches, when they perform a hard reset on their devices. Apparently, there is no know fix, as of now.
    10-08-2015 02:48 PM
    I had the same issue with a VISA I was trying to add. I tried everything and kept getting "The card is already in wallet" message, but the wallet on the watch was empty.

I gave up and decided to add my secondary credit card which is an Amex. That showed up on my watch wallet without any issues. Encouraged by the success, I tried to my VISA one more time to see what would happen. This time it added to the watch wallet just as easy as the Amex!

I might have gotten lucky or it was a fluke, but if you have another card that works with Apple Pay, you could give this a shot. Maybe by setting up a different card, it cleared the session that was stuck.
    10-08-2015 09:43 PM
    Because my Apple Watch was only one week old, I took it back and purchased a new one. I explained what was going on to the staff at the Apple Store they were very nice about the whole situation. The bottom line is...everything works fine now. I am happy. BTW, I set-up my device at the store, including the 2.0 upgrade. I probably helped with the sale of two Watches while I was there, because of my wholehearted endorsement of the product. Win-win for everyone.
    10-10-2015 09:53 AM
    OK, I spoke too soon. American Express on Apple Pay is fixed. However, when I synch my iPhone with Outlook, via iTunes, the appointments do not show up on my Watch. This is very frustrating. However, I understand a lot of people are having this problem. Waiting for a patch from Apple.
    10-12-2015 04:00 PM