A couple of new and funky things in watch OS2:

-- weather will (frequently!) not load from iOS own weather app. Weather complication shows dashes, and tap brings up error message that watch cannot load weather from phone at this time. Phone on normal standby mode, in bag, where it always is. Sometimes, weather will load/ be visible and *then go blank/ generate the error*

--inconsistent alarm!!! Ack!!! One main way I use the watch is to snooze or dismiss alarm set on the phone. Since the update, not all alarms are pushed- some are, some are not. There doesn't seem to be any logic to this whatsoever. I've reset (watch and phone), re- paired, no change.

Whatever Watch is going to do, it has to do it reliably, every time. When I can't rely on that, it becomes useless to me. I'm not ready to give up yet, but man. I have to be able to trust this thing for it to have a place in making life *easier/ more seamless/ less phone- reliant*!
    09-30-2015 09:30 AM
    Weather... it's likely that your phone isn't getting data from The Weather Channel (where the stock app gets its data) for whatever reason...
    09-30-2015 09:40 AM
    For weather I've been using Dark Sky as a complication and it works great on watch and phone. For a sleep Alarm I use Rise. It doesn't have a complication yet but you can snooze from the watch. I really don't use the stock apps for weather or alarms not because of any glitches I just prefer the 3rd party apps for the detail and functions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-30-2015 10:17 AM
    I use, and like Dark Sky as my weather app, but let's face facts here. If the default apps as installed by Apple are not reliable in even in their simplistic fashion, somethings wrong. I also had a 'line' or null symbol, whatever you want to call it, when I loaded the standard weather app into complications. I then replaced it with Dark Sky and am now a happy camper.
    09-30-2015 10:41 AM
    I've been using 3rd party for weather and alarms and calendar for so long I just bypass the stock apps. It's like the 3rd party apps are my stock apps. I never notice if there's a issue with some stock apps.
    I'm from the old days of Macintosh OS 6 to 9 where you do what you do to make it work. Back then it didn't "just work" you made it work.
    This philosophy has carried over to iOS for me. But when all is said and done It's best to send feedback to Apple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-30-2015 11:45 AM
    I use the default weather app and it has worked almost flawlessly. Maybe 2 or 3 times in 3+ months, I've gotten the dashes instead of the temperature complication. Every time a restart on the phone fixed it immediately. Sorry I don't have any advice regarding alarms. I don't use the watch for alarms.
    09-30-2015 02:31 PM
    I use Siri to set alarms on my watch, and it's never failed me.
    10-02-2015 03:11 PM