I never thought about this until now, but when I get my 6S+ and recover my backup will my watch be paired with my new device from the backup or will I need to re-pair the devices ??
    09-24-2015 06:41 PM
    Here's what you do... When you get the new phone in your hands... First Update the new phone iOS to 9.0.1... Then Unpair your watch from the old phone... Then do an encrypted backup of the old phone via iTunes to your computer... Then set up the new phone, and restore the backup and sync to iTunes... Then pair the watch to the new phone...
    Cleveland, bldhk and tcuprof like this.
    09-24-2015 06:46 PM
    In addition to what's already been stated, I recommend you do a backup of the old phone before you unpair it from your Watch. By doing so, your current watch setup will also get backed up and be available for restore once you've updated the new iPhone to iOS 9.01 and paired your Watch to it.
    Cleveland likes this.
    09-24-2015 06:58 PM
    The act of Un-pairing forces a backup of the watch to the phone...
    09-24-2015 07:02 PM
    Here's what you do... When you get the new phone in your hands... First Update the new phone iOS to 9.0.1... Then Unpair your watch from the old phone... Then do an encrypted backup of the old phone via iTunes to your computer... Then set up the new phone, and restore the backup and sync to iTunes... Then pair the watch to the new phone...

Thanks guys, I figured it was something along those lines, I wasn't sure if it would be included in backup or not when it came to pairing... now is it 8am tomorrow morning yet... the wait for these 6S+'s is giving me anxiety lol
    09-24-2015 07:03 PM
    Just to be certain, the encrypted backup via iTunes can also be a backup to iCloud since that is also encrypted and thus preserves health data, etc. Right?
    09-25-2015 12:39 PM