Changing phones impact to watch

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello I plan on upgrading to iPhone 6s my 5s and my question is when I do a backup of my 5 and install that on my 6s will it save all my options in the watch app or will I have to set everything back up again?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello I plan on upgrading to iPhone 6s my 5s and my question is when I do a backup of my 5 and install that on my 6s will it save all my options in the watch app or will I have to set everything back up again?

The Watch is tied to your iCloud account and not to the device so once you've restored the backup to your new iPhone 6S AND have paired your watch to the 6S, those settings and apps will be restored to the Watch.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
You have to properly un-pair the watch from the first phone, it makes a watch backup in watch app on phone. Then backup phone. Then restore to new phone. Then pair watch choosing watch backup.
You will have to setup Apple Pay again. And sync playlists and photo albums.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Cool. Thanks guys. So properly in-pair? What do you mean?

I'll see if I can find an iMore article on it. Basically in the watch app it makes a backup for you when you un pair it there. If you don't have this backup, you have to start from scratch. When you upgrade the watchos (on the same phone) it does this too. I'll see if i can find an iMore article on it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2