Battery life with Watch OS2

Team George

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
My watch has run out of juice and it is only midday! I wonder if it charged properly with the nightstand on, it if there is something more problematic.

Danny Olivo

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
went to bed last night with 77% after upgrading to os2, woke up with a dead watch. Usually my watch would last almost two days with normal use.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Seems to be improved but it was already great in my opinion.
I've been off charger for 1 hour 45 min and just dropped to 99%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Mine's down to 75% after 10 hours idling on my wrist during the night. Try removing all your third part apps/glances, and add them back in one at a time as you see the effect of each. You may have a third party app power hog in there somewhere.

Jon Ouimet

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Half day and my watch had died. Charging now and will see. I turned off yahoo weather as I read that it might be the cause of the drainage.

andrewfreels

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Mine won't last longer than 8 hours now on a full charge. That's with no workouts, music or really using it at all. It used to last two days. Restart did nothing and I deleted the one third party complication I had (Dark Sky) and that made no difference either. Unless there's a fix soon this device has just been rendered useless to me.

andrewfreels

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
I've already tried that. I've also tried resetting and restarting. This is the third 8 hour period where it's lost more than 10% of it's battery life per hour. Super frustrating.

yankeebhoy

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
10 pm now and I'm at 36% with this usage. I'm normally +50% after 11pm so I believe the battery life has suffered with the update. It will still get me through the day so I'm not too bothered.

iMoreAppImg_20150922_220326.jpg

andrewfreels

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Threads are popping up on the Apple Support forums with a lot of people having this issue as well. I even removed all third party apps for this last 8 hour period where it died. I think this is the last time I upgrade any of my iOS devices right away.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
If you've already tried this then I apologize but have you tried un-pairing the device and leaving it like that for awhile to see if the same drain occurs? You can also try turning off iCloud, "send diagnostics and logging" and glances. Maybe some of the newer features aren't working properly and you can turn those off until there is a fix.

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
first day w/ watch OS2 and awful - I hardly looked at the watch and was at 10% left by 6 PM - about 11 hours. Prior to Watch OS 2 would be down to 60% left after same period - Will try using a standard watch face "not one w/ complications" and color - IF that works, I guess we now know why apple would chose such a negative name for a feature.

Krunal G Gajjar

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Same issue for me too, battery ran out at Mid day. I did full battery charged last night as it was showing in morning 100%.

Also I did notice Watch is restarted twice today by itself.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
first day w/ watch OS2 and awful - I hardly looked at the watch and was at 10% left by 6 PM - about 11 hours. Prior to Watch OS 2 would be down to 60% left after same period - Will try using a standard watch face "not one w/ complications" and color - IF that works, I guess we now know why apple would chose such a negative name for a feature.

Apple didn't "choose" the word complications and there's nothing negative about it.

Complication (horology)
In Horology, the study of clocks and watches, a complication refers to any feature in a timepiece beyond the simple display of hours and minutes. A timepiece indicating only hours and minutes is otherwise known as a simple movement. Common complications in commercial watches are day/date displays, alarms, chronographs, and automatic winding mechanisms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox